Real Estate Private Equity Analyst/Associate Role Overview
StepStone is currently seeking candidates with excellent quantitative, qualitative, and interpersonal skills for an Analyst or Associate position on StepStone’s Active Real Estate Team. The Analyst/Associate’s primary role is to assist in the evaluation, due diligence, and execution of real estate investments. The Analyst/Associate will work in a team environment with other team members to source and underwrite new investment opportunities, negotiate acquisition terms, manage existing assets, and conduct asset dispositions. The Analyst/Associate will have the opportunity to present recommendations, with the investment team, to the Real Estate Investment Committee.
StepStone prides itself on the Firm’s collegial atmosphere, encouraging team-building initiatives and a collaborative approach to accomplishing projects. The Analyst/Associate will have exposure to all levels of the Firm, from Partners to fellow Analysts, on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree and a background in real estate private equity/credit, investment banking, or other real estate- or finance-related industries. The Analyst/Associate will adhere to the highest ethical standards, as well as demonstrate maturity, reliability, and attention to detail.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in the underwriting and due diligence process for potential acquisitions, including financial analysis, market research, site visits, and document review
- Perform financial modeling and sensitivity analysis related to investment opportunities
- Prepare for and participate in meetings with managers and conduct on-going due diligence
- Form an independent opinion about the attractiveness of a sector or investment opportunity
- Construct an argument around an opinion and efficiently communicate that argument both verbally and in written materials; be able to defend position in a team environment, including Investment Committee meetings
- Draft investment memorandums and presentations related to acquisition opportunities
- Assist with asset management duties, including financial analysis and investor reporting for existing investments
- Support the fundraising process, including creating fundraising presentation materials and coordinating historical fund- and asset-level performance analysis
- 1-4 years of experience in real estate private equity/credit, investment banking, or related real estate finance field
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Real Estate, or related field
- Demonstrated track record of academic and professional success
- Takes pride of ownership in work, and work ethic
- Ability to represent the Firm credibly in written and interpersonal communications
- Demonstrable analytical capabilities, including strong quantitative/modeling skills
- High proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Developing investment judgment and general understanding of risk/reward trade-offs
- Flexibility to work within StepStone’s dynamic and entrepreneurial organization
- Based in San Francisco, with availability to travel, primarily domestically
Other Desired Skills/Attributes
- ARGUS experience optional but preferred
- Promote and demonstrate a positive, team-oriented attitude
This job is no longer active.