Job Summary: Due to our growth, we are seeking an Asset Management Analyst. The Asset Management Analyst is responsible for providing analytical and administrative support for a variety of asset management functions across the company’s real estate equity investment portfolio. The Asset Management Analyst will work closely with the Asset Management team and interact with other corporate teams including Property Management, Transactions, Investor Relations, and Accounting. The preferred location for this position is in Harbor Group’s headquarters office in Norfolk, VA.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide monthly financial and variance analysis for the commercial and multifamily properties portfolio.
- Provide ad hoc asset level and portfolio level financial analysis, cash flow forecasting, and market research.
- Prepare and circulate monthly asset management reports for the direct equity portfolios.
- Support quarterly investor reporting activities.
- Coordinate the real estate tax administration process including tracking of appeal and other filing deadlines, review/updating escrow analyses, liaison with tax consultants, budgeting, and administration of the tax files.
- Coordinate preparation of the multifamily and commercial budget model for all new acquisitions and for the portfolio during the annual budgeting process.
- Support other reporting and compliance related processes.
- Support and assist with the annual fair value appraisal process.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics or another related field
Required: Minimum of 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in real estate and/or finance
- Previous real estate financial analysis and modeling experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of real estate accounting and financial statement analysis, preferred.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- An investment mindset with a thorough understanding of financial calculations such as NPV, DCF, and IRR.
- Prior experience with commercial properties and leases, preferred
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word and Argus required; proficiency with MRI a plus.
- Good written and verbal presentation and communication skills.
- A team player who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to balance competing priorities.
- Able to work with time sensitive, detail-oriented material and meet multiple deadlines.
- The ability to travel frequently
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Required: Valid driver’s license
- Beautiful downtown office building that offer amenities such as free, covered parking, a fitness facility, on-site dining, car washing service, dry cleaning pick-up and delivery and outside green space with views of the Elizabeth River.
- Access to beach cruisers for a quick bike ride at lunch.
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes an extensive list of health & retirement options.
- An environment that supports learning & development, along with an education assistance program.
This position is based out of the Norfolk, Va. Corporate office.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Property Management
- Alternative Investments
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.