Company Description: Cordia Capital Management is a private commercial real estate investment firm headquartered in Los Angeles, CA with over one million square feet under ownership throughout the western U.S.
Controller - Acts as supervisor of the accounting manager/staff and manages the day-to-day financial reporting function, cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and the budgetary process.
- Review and manage the daily cash management functions, including accounts payable/receivable functions, vendor payments, expense reimbursements, cash collections, cash deposits, monthly bank reconciliation, bank wire transfers and petty cash.
- Review and prepare for distribution monthly and quarterly reports (full financial statement package and other analytics) on all properties under management, working with third-party property management companies alongside with in-house property management team.
- Monitor, reconcile & analyze bank accounts within a multi-entity organization.
- Review and analyze all general ledger postings and account balances for accuracy, supervise the reconciliation of cash accounts and work-in-process accounts.
- Maintain accounting books for each individual property under management that conform to established company policies and procedures, owner requirements and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Review and manage property reconciliations and related reports for monthly, quarterly and annual closing packages to owners and lenders.
- Oversee third-party tax consultants to ensure timely filing of all tax forms and returns for all fund entities and subsidiaries.
- Coordinate with outside accounting firm for tax compliance for the operating LLC as well as other entities including holding companies.
- Provide financial reports to banks as required by loan documents.
- Provide guidance on Payroll/compensation issues.
- Oversee 401(k) pension plan, coordinate and administer benefits (health, HSA, workers comp., etc.).
- Oversee trust accounting and if necessary, assist in estate planning.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a national auditor and/or a major real estate or financial services company is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Yardi and Skyline, etc.
- Superior analytical ability.
- Strong knowledge of real estate accounting, reporting and investing.
- Demonstrated career history of continued growth and success in roles of increased complexity and responsibility.
- Able to persevere through difficult challenges and setbacks.
- CPA preferred.
- Accounting / Control
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job