We are seeking a talented Vice President of Preconstruction to be responsible for all pre-construction activities for our mixed-use real estate development projects, which will include responsibility for preparation and approval of cost estimates for various projects and participating in the preparation and approval of CM/GC and Consultant Request for Proposals, RFP review, estimate analysis and award discussions. This role will also support our Project Teams in the review and processing of change order requests. Ideal candidates will possess extensive experience in estimating (including conceptual estimates), contractor bidding, contract/change order negotiation, document reviews for constructability, completeness, value engineering, conformance with standards, etc. Other key responsibilities of this role include:
- Preparing estimates at various stages of design from conceptual through construction documents.
- Reviewing plans for constructability and value engineering opportunities.
- Preparing CM/GC and Consultant Requests for Proposals, proposal review and analysis and award discussions; working closely with the Project Team at the bidding and award stage.
- Reviewing and participating in the negotiation of change proposals submitted by the Contractors, ensuring that all costs are reasonable and considered as additional scope of work.
- Performing cost studies as directed. Working with contractors on value engineering with the goal of pursuing cost effective designs.
- Verifying accuracy of field quantities issued by the contractors and performing actual quantity checks in the field as required.
- Reviewing accuracy of proposals.
- Preparing/negotiating contracts for CM/GCs and others.
- Participating in project meetings.
- Advising project teams on design decisions relative to cost impacts and alternatives.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Undergraduate Degree in Construction, Engineering, Architecture or related discipline.; Master Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience as a Project Engineer, Superintendent, Project Manager or relevant work experience.
- 10+ years of experience in construction management including vertical commercial and residential real estate development
- Experience with urban, vertically-integrated mixed-use development projects. Uses include for sale and for rent multi-family residential, retail, office and hotel.
- Self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills who pays close attention to detail and who has the ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent communication and software skills including ability to use Microsoft project and excel
- Thorough knowledge of industry legal issues and safety standards
- Ability to organize and lead a team effort
- Good client management and ability to garner goodwill
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
- This position requires travel.
- Competitive compensation, including eligibility for annual bonus
- Stellar medical, dental and vision health benefits
- 401(k) contributions and matching
- Generous vacation, sick and paid holiday time off
- Learning and development programs
- Opportunity for advancement in a growing organization
- Community service and sustainability initiatives
- Team gatherings and events
- A culture based on our values and that matters!
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.