The Construction Manager will be responsible for the overall project management of selected improvement, rehabilitation, and repair projects related to our commercial real estate portfolio. The Construction Manager must be an analytical and creative thinker, able to conceptualize a project, assemble the appropriate team, and successfully implement each project. This role will be a member of the Real Estate team, work closely with the Finance, Legal, and Project Management teams, and will be the main point of contact with architects, engineers, consultants, contractors, and property management personnel.
GBX Group is an innovative, entrepreneurial organization. Working with our investors, we are dedicated to the revitalization of historic real estate properties in some of the greatest cities in the US. Our culture is unique and very important to us. We challenge one another, work hard and truly enjoy how our work makes a difference to people in the communities we serve. We are looking for someone who is smart, driven and passionate about being part of a team that makes a real impact to join GBX as our Construction Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop plans, specifications, evaluations, and recommendations related to capital project needs.
• Execute capital improvement and rehabilitation projects, including developing plans and specifications, bidding and contracting, managing inspections and payments, and ensuring timely and quality completion.
• Develop and implement long term and major reinvestment capital plans.
• Participate in planning, pricing, and review of new construction projects.
• Coordinate the efforts of all team members, including architects, engineers, consultants, contractors, and property management personnel, to successfully achieve goals.
• Identify and directly source key materials.
• Identify, engage, and build relationships with capable contractors to ensure safe, efficient, timely, and quality work.
• Seek appropriate value engineering and quality improvement alternatives.
• Create and maintain project budgets and draw requests.
• Implement effective programs to control costs and deliver timely work.
• Ensure appropriate inspection and quality control of work.
• Prepare regular reports for internal stakeholders.
Education / Experience:
• 5+ years construction management experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related area of study.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge, skills and abilities listed below are the requirements needed to be proficient in this role.
• Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the organization’s Cultural Norms and Core Values.
• Strong Initiative along with a willingness to jump in, solve problems, and compromise appropriately.
• Strong project management skills.
• Experience reading architectural and construction plans, as well as reading and managing project schedules.
• Ability to conduct work within occupied residential properties.
• Self-directed and able to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Well-organized and hard-working with the ability to prioritize and multitask.
• Assertive, creative, and adaptable to changing conditions.
• Results-oriented and detail-oriented with a passion to excel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Knowledge of accepted business language.
• Exercise sound judgment.
• Meet deadlines.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Project or similar software preferred.
GBX provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. GBX hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- Historic Preservation
- Project Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job