Pennrose is an industry leader in the development and management of Affordable Housing. We are excited to be hiring for a Controller for our Property Support Center located in Philadelphia, PA.
This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of financial accounting and reporting for all Pennrose managed properties. This person will also supervise and train staff accountants. They will maintain the integrity of all accounting systems and ensures internal controls are operating effectively. The Controller will also be responsible for creating a professional work environment, which reflects the PMC priorities of customer service, respect and collegiality among property team members, full compliance with the regulatory requirements of each property’s funding source(s), and the financial and operational goals while following company policies and procedures and applicable regulations. In addition, the Controller will be responsible for presenting to PMC and ownership periodic reports on financial issues, facilities, personnel, and regulatory program compliance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversees preparation of and assists in review of all financial reports, including income statements, balance
sheets, reports to shareholders, and reports for regulatory agencies. Prepares investor reports and creates
special accounting reports as needed.
• Develops and presents Staff Accountant and Intern training procedures and programs and oversees training
of new Staff Accountants by Senior Accountant.
• Notifies Director of Accounting and Finance of general accounting issues or issues with resident accounts
and vendor payments.
• Prepares financial reports and documentation for Director of Accounting and Finance. Reviews all monthly
accounting reports, including monthly operation report.
• Oversees preparation of local tax returns and audits. Coordinates submission of documentation and
schedules to audit firms, working to reduce audit risk. Follows up on past audits and works to implement
• Participates in business planning, analysis, and cash flow assessment.
• Supports development and implementation of accounting policies. Assists with annual updates to
department’s policy and procedure manual.
• Oversees replacement reserve requests to ensure timely submittal to agencies, if required, and the receipt
and distribution of reimbursed funds.
• Coordinate preparation of annual ACC submission.
• Oversees property tax assessments and payments administration.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
• Certified Public Accountant certification or equivalent public accounting experience preferred
• 5 or more years financial management experience with increasing responsibilities for multi-faceted direction
and planning in a supervisory role.
• Requires valid driver’s license, insured vehicle and ability to travel (properties, offices, agencies, etc.)
Pennrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Accounting / Control
- Project Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.