Director, Loan Closing
Locations: New York City, Chicago, Newport Beach or San Francisco
Nuveen Real Estate, an operating division of Nuveen, the asset management arm of TIAA, is one of the top five largest real estate investment managers in the world with over $126 billion in AUM. Managing a suite of over 80 funds and mandates spanning both debt and equity across diverse geographies, sectors, investment styles and vehicle types, we provide access to every aspect of real estate investing. With offices in 26 cities throughout the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific, over 500 professionals and over 80 years of investing experience, the platform offers impressive local expertise coupled with a sophisticated global perspective.
Our investment, asset management and corporate strategies grow from a deep understanding of the structural trends that we believe will shape the future of real estate and responsible investing beyond market cycles. This ‘Tomorrow’s World’ approach sits at the core of our investment process and business operations, informing our long-term view of real estate investments for the enduring benefit of both clients and society.
The Nuveen Real Estate team is seeking to add a Director to support the Loan Closing Team. The successful candidate must be willing to work out of New York, San Francisco, Chicago or Newport Beach. This person will work closely with loan originators, borrowers, correspondents and counsel to quarterback loans through the closing process and ensure all underwriting and closing requirements are met.
He / she will possess strong knowledge of key loan documents in order to negotiate loan terms and manage the closing needs of a complex portfolio of commercial real estate loans (i.e. knowledge of documentations associated with selling A Note positions in senior loans, contributing senior loans to a collateralized loan obligation (“CLO”) vehicle, and bank loan regulations). This person will be able to identify potential closing issues on complex transactions and demonstrate ability to formulate creative solutions to ensure tight deadlines are met.
- Negotiate loan document business terms and participate on closing checklist calls with borrowers, and external and internal business partners.
- Prepare DSCR analyses, closing memos, Asset Summary Reports, and verify compliance with company procedures and prepare loan modification memos.
- Review leases, estoppels, SNDAs, zoning reports, appraisal, engineering and environmental reports.
- Review and approve property inspection reports prior to loan closings.
- Review settlement statement to ensure all fees and expenses are accurate and documented.
- Monitor and administer post-closing obligations, trigger events and loan covenants.
- Oversee construction loan draw packages.
- Work with the Surveillance/Asset Management to ensure smooth transition of the asset after closing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Real Estate. Other majors considered depending upon experience.
- Minimum ten years of commercial real estate loan closing experience.
- Strong knowledge of senior and subordinated transitional floating debt, and construction loan structures
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal skills
- Strong presentation skills.
- Master’s Degree or CFA a plus.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities while delivering quality product.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated team player with positive work ethic and comfort working independently in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Willing to travel as needed to assist in property related and investment related analysis and decision making.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- Capital Markets
- Due Diligence
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.