Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, is an S&P 500 company dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. The company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 5,700 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, the company has declared 584 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 50-year operating history and increased the dividend 100 times since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on meritocracy and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
We are looking to hire a Corporate Accountant.
Reporting to the Corporate Accounting Supervisor, the Corporate Accountant will be responsible for working with Accounting Management to account for transactions in accordance with US GAAP and track these transactions for internal and external reporting purposes. Also responsible for helping administer the Corporate Expense program via Concur, including training, reviewing expense reports and related expense coding.
The primary duties of the Corporate Accountant include:
- Process and account for property acquisitions
- Perform month–end close procedures for select account reconciliations, including Crest Net (taxable REIT subsidiary), corporate assets, and corporate liabilities
- Perform property count reconciliation with the Lease Administration department
- Assist with administering the Corporate Expense program via Concur software
- Perform ACH banking via Yardi/Wells Fargo CEO system
- Assist with corporate fixed assets maintenance
- Monthly processing of construction draws
- Perform review of purchase price allocations prepared by the Research Department
- Preparation of held for sale listing and related impairment analysis
- Involvement with coordination of the quarterly external audit, including gathering and tracking audit requests
- Involvement in the accumulation of data and preparation of schedules that support SEC financial reporting financials and footnotes
- Preparation of quarterly reporting package for the Chief Financial Officer
- Reconciliation of quarterly acquisitions reporting with the Portfolio Acquisitions department
- Involvement in the streamlining of internal processes to gain efficiencies and maintain sound internal controls.
- Special projects, including performing accounting research and formally documenting the conclusions of management
- System and software implementation, maintenance and upgrades, including Yardi and Concur
Education, Certifications, and Experience:
- BS in Accounting/Finance
- Licensed CPA/CPA candidate desired
- 2+ years previous experience in industry or public accounting, preferably with REIT or real estate industry experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to execute in ambiguous situations and take the lead without explicit instructions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet public company reporting deadlines.
- Strong financial acumen; facile with all of the company’s key financial statements. Must have a clear and thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Yardi general ledger software and Concur preferred.
- Excellent PC skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
To all recruitment agencies Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Accounting / Control
Less than 1 year