The Senior Vice President of Property Management is responsible for providing oversight of the day-to-day activities of the property management department, including property operations, marketing, training, engineering/technical services and compliance. The Senior Vice President of Property Management will ensure that established financial performance targets are achieved or exceeded, assure compliance with all company policies and procedures and ensure quality delivery of services. The Senior Vice President of Property Management will be the main contact point for all fee client relationships and will actively pursue new business for the company. Requirements: Training/Education
- College degree required
- CPM designation
- Real estate broker s license preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience managing a portfolio of at least 15,000 units in multiple markets.
- Strong background in managing diverse types of multi-family communities including LIHTC and HUD projects.
- Strong focus on marketing, rehab, and re-positioning assets.
- Strong track record of successful personnel management including hiring, training and staff development.
- Exceptional leadership, management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including ability to multitask, prioritize and meet changing deadlines
- Results oriented and solution focused
- High level of strategic planning and big picture skills
- High degree of professionalism; ability to interact with diverse groups to achieve results
- High degree of accountability
- Ability to provide vision and leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and consensus-building skills
- Excellent training skills
- Proven analytical and financial skills
- Excellent computer skills, with emphasis on the Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Develops and implements rigorous annual budget preparation process with all budgets reviewed by November 30 each year.
- Monitors expense controls and implements initiatives to achieve a 45% Operating Expense Ratio.
- Increases property NOI by 3% to 5% annually.
- Conducts monthly financial reviews with Regional Property Managers, District Managers and on-site Property Managers and addresses variances.
- Establishes and implements a rigorous monthly forecasting process for each asset.
- Reviews and approves capital improvement projects within budget parameters.
- Conducts a minimum of three site visits per property annually, with more frequent visits to troubled assets as appropriate.
- Oversees marketing initiatives and advertising/leasing plans.
- Oversees the appropriate utilization of Reserve for Replacement and/or Residual Receipts for funding capital improvements and/or operating deficits.
- Identifies and implements consistent ancillary income sources to increase property revenues.
- Benchmark property performance against regional and national averages.
- Creates and implements action plans for under-performing assets.
- Acts as primary liaison with regulatory agencies IHFA, IHDA and HUD.
- Communicates with outside owners, investors and mortgages and/or delegates as appropriate.
- Ensures that owner reporting packages are consistent and delivered to clients in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that all communications with owners/clients are properly documented and archived.
- Seeks out third party management opportunities with are in-line with company goals and criteria, including written and in-person presentations.
- Serves as a team member in the various processes of acquisitions and new construction, providing assistance and feedback on the marketability and management of assets.
- Coordinates team members, including outside contractors, to complete the due diligence process on third party management opportunities and potential acquisitions.
- Provides financial pro forma on new construction projects and potential acquisitions.
- Recruits, selects, trains, supervises and counsels management staff in accordance with company policy and EEO guidelines.
- Performs appraisals and administers appropriate action.
- Establishes and oversees policies for property operations.
- Trains and supervises various management positions, including Regional Property Managers, District Managers and Director of Technical Services.
- Establishes goals and incentive compensation programs for all management staff and ensures that they are implemented consistently.
- Conducts periodic staff meetings with management staff to address property performance, policy issues and other corporate business.
- Coordinates activities with Human Resources.
- Reviews management fee income and contracts to ensure maximum fees are being charged and collected as earned.
- Coordinates with vendors to set up better pricing and contracting terms where appropriate.
- Serves as a member of the Risk Management group and reviews status of liability and property damage claims. Addresses operational policies that impact risk management exposure.
- Serves as primary contact for reviewing EEO and EHO complaints.
- Works directly with in-house legal counsel in managing property related litigation.
- Other duties as assigned by the COO.
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.