MetLife Investments is a premier asset manager with breadth across various asset sectors and global markets, and strong asset-liability management capabilities. With a $500 billion combined domestic and international general account portfolio and a multi-billion-dollar annual cash flow, Investments is an important contributor to MetLife’s financial performance. The primary objective of Investments is to maximize MetLife’s long-term economic value by investing in assets that support the company’s liabilities and produce a consistent stream of operating earnings. Global Real Estate and Agricultural Investments maintain a portfolio invested in commercial real estate and agricultural mortgages, as well as real estate equities. Real Estate Investments sources and manages commercial real estate investments through seven regional field offices in the U.S. and International field offices in London, Tokyo, Mexico City and Santiago. The Associate Asset Manager will be responsible for both direct oversight and providing analytical support to senior staff in the leasing, property management, construction management, client reporting, valuation and overall accounting for a defined portfolio of commercial investment properties. Property types may include office, retail, multi-family and industrial. On-going responsibilities include overseeing third-party property management and leasing teams; developing annual budgets and business plans, quarterly valuations; and complying with all reporting and accounting requirements.
- Manage budgeting, forecasting and expense management within your portfolio to maximize recurring net income.
- Assure timely and accurate financial data.
- Prepare lease economics and negotiate leases, legal documents and contracts. Coordinate and manage various internal/external resources and consultants (i.e., attorneys, environmental, construction). Conduct OFAC reviews.
- Asset valuation including both internal valuations and review of external appraisals.
- Develop and implement, through third-party property and leasing teams, property level strategies for leasing, operations and capital expenditures that will maximize property performance.
- Support the sales process of designated assets including engaging brokers, evaluating bids, negotiating contracts, managing due diligence and closing.
- Support equity acquisition process. Participate in pre-acquisition due diligence. Assist with the selection of property management and leasing teams by securing proposals, conducting interviews and assisting with management agreements. Assist with the property transition process by working with internal bank relations, insurance and accounting departments.
- Manage JV relationships and development partners and projects, as applicable.
- Participate on internal committees, manage database applications, engage in the local real estate community and stay abreast of local market trends.
- Understanding of standard real estate legal documents such as leases, management agreements, construction contracts and appraisals.
- Team player willing to assist other staff members and volunteer for enterprise wide committees and initiatives.
- Results-driven professional with 5+ years of experience in commercial real estate or asset management.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the asset management of commercial real estate assets.
- Experience managing and leading property level leasing and property management teams; Experience in lease negotiation and structuring.
- Strong real estate valuation and underwriting skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Argus Enterprise, MRI, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable business-related field; MBA
- Knowledge of sustainable real estate practices; LEED GA
- Knowledge of building systems and operations issues.Ability to take on multiple assignments at the same time each with specific deadlines.
- Basic understanding of standard real estate legal document such as leases, management agreements, construction contracts, JV agreements and appraisals.
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
This job is no longer active.