About The Company
Lotus Capital Partners (“Lotus”) Lotus Capital Partners is a New York based real estate investment bank focused on real estate finance. With assignments now spanning three continents, Lotus is a global capital arranger and the fastest growing real estate capital advisory firm in the US. Lotus is focused on delivering complex real estate debt and equity solutions that are custom-tailored to meet our client’s real estate needs.
The Company, led by management with broad-based industry experience, has had direct involvement in over $25 billion of commercial real estate financings. Our approach combines a deep appreciation for our clients’ real estate capital needs, entrepreneurial thinking, and most importantly, an unwavering dedication to those we serve. Years of placing and lending debt have helped Lotus grow its client base and capital relationships to include some of the deepest capital markets institutions in the world.
Founded in 2016, Lotus is on track to arrange over $1.0 billion of financings in 2019. Lotus’ closed capital engagements are among the highest profile financings in their respective regions, including a $400 million construction loan in Boca Raton that won the 2018 REFI Multifamily “Deal of the Year” award and a $237 million condo-inventory loan in London that won PIE’s “Refinancing of the Year” at the European property Awards 2018.
Lotus is seeking a Head of Underwriting & Transaction Management to focus on executing structured debt placement mandates. The candidate will work closely with the Managing Partner and a supporting team on the execution of debt, mezzanine, and equity financing mandates on large and complex capitalizations in the United States, Europe, and the Caribbean. The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record in underwriting and transaction management experience. It will require daily interaction with both (1) owners of real estate seeking financing for their real estate assets, and, (2) the global capital markets where those deals will be placed.
The Head of Underwriting & Transaction Management will be part of a small, focused team and will be involved in nearly all aspects of a given transaction from origination to closing. The ideal candidate will enjoy chasing new business - particularly the thrill of big game hunting, underwriting complex situations, presenting creative solutions, and closing deals in a fast paced and stimulating environment.
- Work alongside the Managing Partner to secure financing and equity mandates and participate across the entire arc of the deal winning process including client identification, outreach, underwriting, analytics, presentation materials, relationship building and winning
- Conduct preliminary underwriting analysis and pre-screening of transactions
- Move quickly to underwrite opportunities, value real estate, and present actionable capital markets solutions to prospective owners and developers seeking financing
- Participate and often lead in term sheet and loan documentation negotiation
- Create and present offering materials to prospective capital sources including teaser transaction summaries and offering memoranda
- Carry forward relationships with Lotus’ book of capital sources from across the capital structure
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA with a concentration in real estate is preferred but not required
- 10+ years of experience in the CRE debt and equity marketplace, preferably at an investment bank, buyside firm, or advisory firm
- Strong real estate, underwriting and valuation experience of major assets classes
- Established record in structuring and closing transitional loans; experience in development debt is strongly preferred
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Effective time management skills and an ability to move quickly and work efficiently while processing large amounts of critical information across multiple deadlines (“80/20 rule”)
- Existing relationships with lenders and equity sources (an advantage but not a must)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with a proven ability to communicate ideas and solutions to decision makers (i.e. clients, investment committee, etc.)
- Self-motivated professional able to lead an experienced and dynamic support team
- Keen to be part of a rapidly expanding platform
- Excellent command of Excel and PowerPoint
- Competitive and uncapped pay structure
- Cost allowances
- Healthcare / Benefits (401K, medical, dental, vision, amongst others)
Lotus provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Investment Banking
- Advisory Services/Consulting
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.