Building Engineer will be responsible for engineering operations, equipment maintenance, and oversight of an approximately 200,000 square foot commercial office building in Fairfield, Connecticut. Must have supervisory skills to manage personnel. Self-starter working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, roofing, heating and cooling. Reporting to Building Manager and Ownership.
- Operate, repair and maintain boilers, chillers and MEP equipment.
- Complete tenant service requests and develop and maintain positive tenant relations.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Develop and maintain daily, weekly, monthly & annual maintenance schedule.
- Formulates and implements a preventive maintenance program to ensure that building machinery and systems meet or exceed their rated life.
- Leads operations, assigns work orders, and/or provides technical and procedural training of coworkers and subcontractors. Arranges for subcontractors as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs as required.
- Duties include, but are not limited to changing filters, coil cleaning, greasing motors, replacing light bulbs & ballasts, inspecting/adjusting belts, and regular inspections of equipment.
- Assist in ordering stock and inventory of parts and supplies, as needed.
- Respond immediately 24/7 to emergency situations and customer concerns.
- Maintain and operate life safety/fire systems.
- Oversee construction and capital projects.
- Take meter readings on all meters and equipment as directed by their supervisor.
- Perform and record daily, weekly, monthly and annual inspections of the property. Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions and report to management daily.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school (Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university preferred). Minimum of ten (10) years related experience working as an engineer for commercial office buildings.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Universal CFC certification required. Additional certification in three or more of the following: HVAC , electrical, mechanical, and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair. Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to Tenants. Ability to effectively present information and respond accordingly to sensitive issues. Ability to work well in a team, supervise subordinates and take direction.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Physical requirements to include stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. Must have the ability to operate an EMS and CMMS system. Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions.
- Property Management
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.