The Dilweg Companies is a full-service commercial real estate firm located in the Raleigh/Durham area. We are currently seeking a Property Accountant to join our team.
The Property and Transaction Accountant’s role has full responsibility for the timely preparation of property financial statements for a portfolio of four to six properties managed by TDC. In addition, the role would work with the Acquisitions Group to support transactions and on-board acquisitions into TDC’s internal accounting system.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for independently completing the full Property Accounting for a portfolio of four to six properties
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Create and post journal entries; reconcile and maintain recurring entries and other line items
- Budget preparation and review in conjunction with Property Management; lease and tenant analysis, process reconciliations including CAM
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, internal controls, and external reporting
- Oversee the processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Monthly forecasting and comparing actual financials to budgets
- Assist with Acquisitions and Dispositions and making adjustments to the accounting system as necessary
- Maintain bank accounts and cash management processes
- Degree in Accounting
- Two to four years of real estate accounting experience
- Deadline focused with flexibility and willingness to put in additional time when needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge of commercial real estate, including CAM preferred
- Experience with Yardi Voyager software preferred
See: View CRT Screens. Hearing/Listening: Clear Speech. Touching/Dexterity: Sit/Stand. Mental/Reasoning Requirements: Reading-Simple; Writing-Simple; Clerical; Basic Math Skills; Analysis/Comprehension; Judgment/Decision Making.
Background check and drug test required. Our company uses E-Verify.
- Accounting / Control
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job