The Newmark Knight Frank Debt & Structured finance team is looking to bring on an Analyst/Associate to join the New York office. The team is currently comprised of 16 real estate investment banking professionals from various real estate finance backgrounds. The Analyst/Associate will be joining a highly active team that has executed on $23 billion in deal volume over the last 18 months.
This position is focused exclusively on the placement of debt and equity for commercial real estate transactions. Analyst/Associates have the opportunity to be involved in every stage of a transaction, including underwriting, market research, property tours, preparation of pitch materials and offering memorandums, marketing and term sheet negotiation, closing and client meetings and events. Will work in a high-energy environment.
- Prepare pitch materials and offering memorandums for commercial real estate transactions, including research, financial modeling and transaction narratives.
- Responsible for complex financial modeling of commercial real estate transactions and utilize market and Newmark Knight Frank appraisal, valuation and leasing data / comps to quickly and accurately underwrite a variety of different transactions
- Must understand and review real estate documents (leases, loan documents, appraisals, etc.) to quickly identify relevant information.
- Network within the industry through meetings, events and involvement in real estate trade organizations.
- Participate in weekly pipeline meetings to discuss deal flow, deal status, market conditions and review new client leads.
- Track and maintain database of loan executions and help identify new business opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of experience in financial analysis environment; real estate investment banking or commercial real estate lending is preferred
- Self-motivated, team oriented, and strong time management skills to prioritize tight deadlines.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
- Ability to be proactive, anticipate demands and accomplish tasks with minimal direction and oversight.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, quantitative, writing and communication skills; able to interface with clients including their top-level executives.
- Strong writing skills with ability to communicate analytical and marketing data effectively.
- Ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Argus experience required.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Capital Markets
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Banking
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.