Responsible for supporting the development platform by spearheading the economic evaluation of new projects. The successful individual in this role must use expert research, analytical and critical thinking skills to enable sound business recommendations and have the leadership skills and adaptability to manage both up and down hierarchical levels.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate new development projects and assist to create a thorough, sound business case in support of viable projects:
- Perform market due diligence including collecting market data from third-party brokers and service providers.
- Accumulate and evaluate market data.
- Apply market insights to the underwriting of new development projects by modeling cash flows and casting project return profiles in Microsoft Excel.
- Prepare draft investment committee memos setting forth the business case for new projects.
- Assist with research, communication and resolution of entitlement issues.
- Assist in the coordination of third-party capital brokers on challenging capital sourcing efforts or directly oversee capital outreach program for straightforward capital sourcing efforts.
- Build and modify JV waterfalls throughout the JV equity negotiation process to ensure the optimization of partner returns and alignment of their interests.
- Model and maintain economic tests in loan covenants to ensure pro forma cash flows provide sufficient cushion.
- Manage debt and equity relationships once capital is in place to ensure required communication and information flow.
- Provide communication updates to investment partners and lenders during the development process.
- Assist the asset management group for post-delivery matters including capital event transactions such as recapitalizations and dispositions:
- Update and recast development pro-formas to track and re-project project performance.
- Participate in asset management activities including reviewing and providing feedback on operating budgets, lease-up of commercial space and capital programs including TI s.
- Work closely with the development teams from beginning to the end of the projects.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- 4-year Bachelor s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Finance or related field.
- Minimum three to five (3-5) years work experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost accounting principles including GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, partners, lenders and clients.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw insightful conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and word processing software with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or Argus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job tasks are performed in an office environment with moderate environmental conditions present as regard to temperature, noise levels, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear and use hands to finger, handle office equipment, paper reports, etc. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. May occasionally be required to left up to 10 pounds a distance of 30 feet as needed. Must be able to move freely throughout the location, including moving up and down stairs. Must be able to sit for up to 50% of the work day.
- Accounting / Control
- Investment Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.