Duke Realty Corporation, the largest pure-play, domestic only, logistics REIT in the United States, has an exciting opportunity for a Vice President of Corporate Responsibility to join our team in our Indianapolis, IN corporate office. This position will lead the Company’s efforts on all facets of Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) strategic initiatives and implementation of related strategy, policies, communications and processes. In addition, the role will oversee the Company’s research, evaluation, and fielding of relevant real estate-related technologies and innovations to support its ESG strategy. Candidates must be attracted to a fast-paced environment where responsiveness and customer service are highly valued. A predisposition towards teamwork and personal responsibility will be critical to a candidate’s success. Additional responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Further develop and implement the Company’s ESG strategy and support corporate, regional, asset management, leasing and construction with technical research and formal recommendations on corporate responsibility matters.
- Research, evaluate, and coordinate implementation of technical innovations that will support the Company’s ESG strategy and other critical business objectives.
- Further develop, implement and coordinate strategic communications and processes for ESG initiatives.
- Lead a cross functional Corporate Responsibility committee.
- Perform other duties as assigned by General Counsel or Chief Operating Officer.
- 3 plus years of professional experience in the commercial real estate industry, including exposure to sustainability, corporate foundation, employee engagement, internal communications, tenant communications, or related field.
- Knowledge of the EPA ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager system especially as related to annual certification and compliance with state and local benchmarking disclosure laws.
- Knowledge of LEED for New Construction and Existing Building ratings systems, including credit requirements.
- Knowledge of sustainability/ESG reporting standards and benchmarking platforms, preferably, as they apply to commercial real estate (e.g., GRESB).
- Superior written and verbal communication, presentation, analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong initiative and effective organizational skills.
- Attention to detail, high level of accuracy and ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapports and interact with various levels of professionals.
- Minimum undergraduate degree, Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred. LEED designation is preferred.
We offer a competitive salary with bonus opportunity as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) and a wellness program.
Duke Realty is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
“Building the Excellence”
- Asset Management
- Community Development
This job is no longer active.