Greystone Affordable Development is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Greystone & Co., Inc. that focuses primarily on the development, recapitalization, and rehabilitation of affordable housing properties throughout the U.S. Greystone is dedicated to sustaining and expanding affordable housing by assisting both for-profit and non-profit owners, operators, and developers navigate the complexities and challenges associated with the development and preservation of their portfolios through strategic acquisition, disposition, rehabilitation and construction of certain affordable housing assets.
Our fast-growing organization is seeking a Construction Superintendent to join the expanding Construction Department and be an integral part of the growth and development of Greystone’s Affordable Housing business. This person will support the execution of the Company’s multi-family affordable development platform (new construction, rehabilitation, and mixed-use) by performing field monitoring and reporting, drawing analysis, and oversight of third-parties, while effectively communicating with Project Managers and the Pre-Construction Team. Candidates must be high-energy, results-oriented professionals with demonstrable knowledge of the construction industry from the field perspective. Candidates need to demonstrate an ability to successfully handle multiple projects and work under pressure of strict deadlines. This position requires a great deal of autonomy and accountability, along with strong experience in conflict resolution, critical thinking, problem-solving, negotiating, networking, and teamwork.
This position works closely with Greystone’s clients, funding agencies, third-party partners, and internal team members based in our Raleigh, North Carolina office. The position requires 90% travel. Candidates can be remotely based and would only report to the Raleigh office when required by management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct site inspections of all proposed rehab properties, accurately documenting needed capital improvements based on building and property codes, specific program requirements and owners' requests
- Assist Architect and General Contractor with plan review, on-site verifications, and scope of work development
- Interact daily with internal team members as well as contractors, consultants, and owners, providing assistance and guidance in the execution of construction activities and related deliverables (change orders, progress inspections, pay applications, etc.)
- Perform inspections for quality control compliance and provide report for corrective action.
- Monthly pay application inspections
- Verify products installed meet all shop drawings and submittals during the construction process
- Provide project job reports with pertinent activities and progress to be turned in weekly
- Review and analyze pay applications based on field inspections
- Review schedule updates with PM to forward project dates and production rates
Experience, Skills, and Abilities Required
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in one of the following disciplines: Building Science, Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management
- Minimum ten (10) years of professional experience and successful track record as a multi-family, hotel, student living, or high-end Commercial Contractor Superintendent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal oversight as well as in a cohesive team environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, along with an ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Strong drawing review skills
- Strong understanding of general permitting inspection process as it relates to schedule sequencing
- Organizational skills in a very fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- General computer skills with experience using Microsoft Outlook
- Working knowledge of affordable housing programs (LIHTC, HOME, HUD, etc.) is a plus
- Must be resourceful, flexible, and react and respond quickly
- Willing to work a standard schedule with occasional extended hours as needed
- Strong personal standards (ethics, integrity, commitment, and dedication)
- Strong customer service mentality for both internal and external costumers
- Willingness to take on new challenges with a positive attitude
- Travel with overnight stay 90% of time
- A valid driver’s license
- No travel restrictions via flights or driving distance
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish strongly preferred
Credit Check: A satisfactory background check will be required as part of the selection process
- Alternative Investments
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.