H.I.G. Capital is seeking an outstanding individual to join its US real estate affiliate, H.I.G. Realty Partners, in New York, NY. H.I.G. Realty Partners makes opportunistic equity investments in the small- and mid-cap sectors of the North American real estate market, with a focus on turnaround and value-add strategies. Start date is flexible (immediate preferred).
Our associates are a key part of small deal teams in a fast-paced environment and have constant interaction with the most senior members of the firm. Associates are generally responsible for supporting the evaluation, structuring, negotiation, and financing of our transactions, as well as in the monitoring of our portfolio investments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing valuation and sensitivity models for a broad variety of prospective real estate transactions.
- Preparing detailed investment-committee memoranda and participating in deal presentation to the investment committee.
- Tracking the performance of assets under management and execution of value enhancement strategies for portfolio investments.
- Interacting with joint venture partners, lenders, property managers, and counsel on various projects and providing updates to senior management.
- 2-3 years of investment banking and/or principal investing experience.
- Superior academic achievement at a top tier undergraduate program is required.
- Ability to take initiative, work autonomously, and spearhead projects in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Significant financial modeling experience is required. Experience using Argus and/or CoStar is a plus, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
About H.I.G. Capital
H.I.G. is a leading global private equity and alternative assets investment firm with $34 billion of equity capital under management.* Based in Miami, and with offices in New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Atlanta in the U.S., as well as international affiliate offices in London, Hamburg, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Bogotá, Mexico City and Rio de Janeiro, H.I.G. specializes in providing both debt and equity capital to small and mid-sized companies, utilizing a flexible and operationally focused / value-added approach:
- H.I.G.’s equity funds invest in management buyouts, recapitalizations and corporate carve-outs of both profitable as well as underperforming manufacturing and service businesses.
- H.I.G.’s debt funds invest in senior, unitranche and junior debt financing to companies across the size spectrum, both on a primary (direct origination) basis, as well as in the secondary markets. H.I.G. is also a leading CLO manager, through its WhiteHorse family of vehicles, and manages a publicly traded BDC, WhiteHorse Finance.
- H.I.G.’s real estate funds invest in value-added properties, which can benefit from improved asset management practices.
Since its founding in 1993, H.I.G. has invested in and managed more than 300 companies worldwide. The firm's current portfolio includes more than 100 companies with combined sales in excess of $30 billion. For more information, please refer to the H.I.G. website at .
* Based on total capital commitments managed by H.I.G. Capital and affiliates.
- Investment Banking
2+ to 5 years