Do you want to work for a company that has a solid foundation and over 85 years of dedicated service in the South Florida community of Miami Lakes? The Graham Companies is a pioneering Florida family-owned and operated real estate management and development company that is committed to integrity, quality of life, and profitability.
We are looking to hire a Retail Property Manager to manage a portfolio of 5 retail shopping centers and the mixed-use town center of Miami Lakes Main Street. The ideal candidate must have a passion for the highest level of customer service, strong communication and conflict resolution skills, and effectively work within a team environment. If you have the desire to help us achieve our goals while sharing our tradition of service, we encourage you to be part of our team by submitting an application.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct the day-to-day activities of resident and tenant relations, safety/security, maintenance, marketing, landscaping, inspections, and other operations
- Ensure safe/well maintained properties through competitively bid service agreements/capital projects and work oversight
- Collaborate with the leasing and construction teams on leases, capital improvements and tenant improvements
- Oversee and manage operations issues such as collections, tenant transition, processing of renewals and assignments, etc
- Ensure tenant lease compliance, including obtaining up to date certificates of insurance, updating lease contacts, ensuring required services contracts are in place, and collection of retail sales data
- Manage and assist in coordinating capital construction and tenant improvement projects to include assisting in managing general contractors and architects, plan review, directing Landlord Work, interpreting the lease, sending necessary notices for space delivery.
- Coordinate tenant move-ins and move-outs, including preparing and providing move in and move out paperwork, communicating various property guidelines, assist in coordinating opening events, performing walk throughs of the space prior to move in and move out, and approving deposit refunds
- Walks property at regular intervals to ensure property rules are being followed and that the property is clean and orderly and in good maintenance condition
- Engages, supervises and approves invoices for all goods/services required to maintain the assigned properties up to company and owner standards
- Supervision and negotiating with and of various vendors and vendor contracts
- Works as a team player and interacts with all internal and external customers in a friendly/efficient manner
- Preparation of annual operating and capital budgets for retail properties; Monthly and quarterly variance reporting as requested
- Assist in coordinating and overseeing special events
- Management of forty-six (46) residential apartments within the mixed-used town center area of Miami Lakes, including property maintenance requests and lease renewals
- Deliver exceptional customer service: developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers and vendors, and proactively responding to customer's needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively present information
- Effectively handle conflict resolutions
- Maintain confidentially as necessary
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of Retail Property Management preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related discipline preferred
- Computer literacy and experience with Word and Excel a must
- Working knowledge of property management software (Yardi) preferred
- CRM or RPA designation a plus
- Experience in budgeting and expense management
The Graham Companies, A Family Tradition of Service
Since 1932, our people, products, and many years of dedicated performance have been the keystone of our family and corporate success. Our employees are important to us because they make us who we are. We know that the way we treat our own people will be reflected in the way our people treat our customers. When you join the Graham Companies you enter a family that is committed to serving its neighborhood with professionalism, honesty, and integrity. In our family, everyone contributes and everyone belongs.
What you can expect from us
- 401(k) with company match
- Employer Funded Pension Plan
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Health Benefits
- Dental Care Benefits
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Legal Plan
- Athletic Club and Golf Club Membership Discount
- Restaurant Discounts
- Positive work-life balance
- Office conveniently located in the Miami Lakes Town Center within walking distance of numerous restaurants and shops.
Pay based on experience and bonuses dependent on financial performance.
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.