Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. The company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 5,600 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, the company has declared almost 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 50-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on meritocracy and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As an experienced Property Manager at Realty Income, you will be responsible for remote property management operations, overseeing a national portfolio. You'll be able to tell us your track record of success working with vendors, contract negotiations, and lease administration. Not only will your knowledge in commercial real estate ensure your success, but all adhering to Realty Income's customer service standards, and approach to tenant relations. Your knack for both accounts payable and accounts receivable, will be able to lead this portfolio. If being amongst Realty Income's biggest team excites you, alongside a group of talented managers, then you are the missing link!
Your Contribution to the Team Includes:
- Coordinate all aspects of property management, including the development of effective relationships with tenants, supervision of vendors, general property maintenance, implementation of capital improvements, and financial reporting.
- Provide timely feedback to Director - Property Management and upper management.
- Keep Asset Management apprised of all matters relating to vacant properties, including relaying information received from local contacts, property condition, estimated costs for repairs, and sharing pertinent information that could be relevant to a potential re-lease or sale.
- Ensure proper revenue management through vendor contract review and expense controls for the maintenance, repairs, and landlord obligations of the portfolio properties.
- Foster a positive work environment to provide for the professional growth and development of all employees.
- Report property damage claims, complete restoration work, and work with insurers on settlement.
- Ability to navigate/update the company's ERP system (Yardi) for maintenance requests, preventative maintenance, vendor information, vendor Certificate of Insurance tracking, and key building data.
- Develop an in depth understanding of lease language and ability to comprehend and administer landlord obligations under the lease and/or REAs.
- Facilitate and manage repairs, maintenance, and site inspections.
- Coordinate all capital improvements, including management participation in punch list walk-through and follow-up.
- Develop a working knowledge about building systems, including roofs, parking lots and mechanical systems.
- Receive, code, review, approve, and ensure accuracy of property expense invoices.
- Effectively supervise contractors, vendors, and maintenance personnel.
- Coordinate tenant move-ins, including the preparation of appropriate documentation and completion of Landlord’s work, if applicable.
- Coordinate tenant move-outs, including coordinating inspections and settling deferred maintenance.
- Coordinate property sales, including the preparation of appropriate documentation.
- Review operating expense reconciliations with Property Finance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You'll Need to be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in commercial property management. Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries, grievances or notices of violation from tenants, regulatory agencies, City municipalities or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information in an organized and thorough manner to senior management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Showing the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, and develop alternative solutions.
- Manage difficult or emotional tenant situations, respond promptly to tenant needs, respond to requests for service and assistance, and meet commitments.
- Work within approved budget, develop and implement cost saving measures, conserve organizational resources.
- Prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, and set goals and objectives to complete tasks proficiently.
- Meet productivity standards, complete work in a timely manner, strive to increase productivity, and work quickly.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment; Manage competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
In order to be considered for employment, please make sure to follow the link at the top. Resumes emailed, will not be considered.
To all recruitment agencies, Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
2+ to 5 years