While actively demonstrating Urban Land Interests’ Mission, Vision and Values, this position is responsible for the overall leadership and performance of ULI’s commercial property portfolio as it relates to the technical, janitorial, parking and operations management. Through delegation to subordinate managers & team members and exercising broad decision making authority, the Director is responsible for systems, operations, quality assurance, governmental and environmental regulations, as well as vendor management, for over 1,400,000 square feet of commercial Class A office space located on Madison’s Capitol Square.
Performance management, developing, motivating, coaching, mentoring, and training of staff are all crucial to the success of this position. This position serves as an important member of the Executive Leadership Team and provides leadership to approximately 65 part-time and 30 full-time indirect reports.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Operations Oversight: Responsible for day-to-day operations of commercial properties and parking, to include:
• Ensuring that all commercial spaces are maintained at exceptional levels; provide solutions for those not meeting standards.
• Constantly striving for improvements in work processes & results to better meet internal and external customer expectations.
• Overseeing bidding for capital expenditures.
• Ensuring property records are complete and accurate, including roof, HVAC utilities, etc.
• Overseeing management of commercial properties, directing loss prevention activities, risk management, safety/security, maintenance, landscaping, snow removal, and other operational responsibilities.
• Engaging contractors, contracting for services, and being responsible for operations and maintenance to ensure that owners’ standards are met.
• Developing a network of emergency services to be available for 24-hour coverage, seven days a week.
• Represent the property owners to the tenants and the public.
• Support other departments with feedback and expertise to optimize leasing and construction activities.
• Provide leadership & strategic direction for CPM’s talent
• Coordinate the responsibilities of various team members on all commercial property related projects.
• Direct property management staff to fulfill lease obligations according to tenant and landlord expectations.
• Foster a culture consistent with ULI’s Mission, Vision and Values.
Accounting & Finance:
• Review and approve invoices, bill backs, service contracts, budget/actual reports.
• Participate in budgeting and financial reports to maximize financial returns consistent with owners’ strategic objectives.
• Develop expense budgets and capital budgets to reflect the owners’ objectives for operating the property and the owners’ cash flow requirements.
• Be responsible for common area maintenance costs.
• In collaboration with Director of Tenant Experience, develop strong commercial tenant relationships through welcoming and orientating new tenants, enforcing building rules, and providing superior and timely building improvements and repairs.
• Provide timely response to resolve all commercial tenant issues.
• Strive to make every tenant contact a positive experience.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support ULI teams in the design and development of construction projects and operations.
• Provide expertise and guidance on new buildings and redevelopment projects.
• Be a resource to all other ULI departments, providing guidance and counsel on operations.
• Support ULI’s overall management and systems development.
• Demonstrate a positive, professional, client-oriented and collaborative attitude about the company with co-workers, tenants, contractors, and the public.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional negotiation skills.
• Ability to motivate staff to be the best they can be, and unlock their talents.
• Ability to build positive relationships in all encounters with stakeholders.
• Ability and predisposition to use influence leadership first, to advance all interactions to a better result.
• Knowledge of maintenance and customer service operations.
• Knowledge of general building systems and operation.
• General knowledge of the built environment, including design and construction.
• Ability to problem solve and prioritize tasks.
• Proven ability to be an effective communicator, demonstrated by the use of various communication tools to unite employees and advance the company’s mission.
• Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred
• Demonstrated leadership and effective team management.
• 15 years demonstrated experience in commercial property management with progressively increasing responsibility.
- Project Management
- Property Management
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job