Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients’ best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
Responsible for developing new commercial real estate credit relationships and managing an existing portfolio of CRE clients. Targeted client profile must meet minimum financial capacity metrics and real estate investment strategy as set by the Division Manager, Regional Manager, and Credit Administration. For the purpose of this job description, a commercial real estate relationship shall be defined as medium to large sized real estate ownership and management focused business, principally privately held which has multiple credit facilities with real estate lenders. The Principals / Executives of the CRE relationship are typically interfacing directly with the Bank through the relationship manager as the main point of contact.
Business Development - Commercial Real Estate Loans / Cross-Sell Products (25%-35%):
- Focus on the achievement of new business goals, as determined by their Regional Manager and Division Manager.
- Develop and call on a qualified list of prospects and referral sources with result oriented goals.
- Ongoing business activity with existing client base with continued origination of new CRE loans and obtaining “share of wallet” through cross-selling Bank products.
- Demonstrate the ability to initiate, advance and close new CRE loan business opportunities in an efficient manner.
- Responsible for cross-selling a wide range of Bank products and services to both existing clients and prospects, including products from capital markets (swap), treasury, syndications, private wealth, CMBS, and DUS lending platforms.
- Financial responsibilities include increasing annual core earnings of existing portfolio, originating well-structured CRE debt, as well as contributing towards region's annual new business goals of cross sell initiatives.
- Underwrite and structure credit transactions and obtain credit consent with the initial pipeline process as well as ensure loan is properly documented and closed via final credit approval.
- Works with clients to present solutions to short and long-term strategic objectives which may include, but not limited to, CRE debt offerings as well as other cross sell products offered by the Bank.
- Work effectively with portfolio management team to collaborate in the pipelining, underwriting, structuring of CRE lending opportunities.
Portfolio Management (15%-20%):
- Work with Portfolio Management Group to help ensure that portfolio management is consistent with Bank standards and policies, is conducted on a consistent and thorough basis, and effectively manage and monitor risk of the portfolio.
- Effectively manage and monitor portfolio risk.
- Provide timely and effective communication to REI management of any trends, positive or negative, in portfolio risk.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with Division Manager, Regional REI Regional Managers, RE Credit Administration and Portfolio Managers in the preparation and presentation of several portfolio related functions including Portfolio Reviews, AQF Forecasting, and PLR Review Meeting Presentations.
Risk Management / Audit / Training (10%-20%):
- Demonstrate knowledge of and is sensitive to the current regulatory environment.
- Adhere to the Bank's risk vision, and risk management policies and programs.
- Recognize and actively address risk (including but not limited to those associated with Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering, consumer compliance, fair lending, fiduciary responsibilities, and privacy).
- Identify and appropriately manage risks.
- Cooperative with internal and external bank audits including working with portfolio management team, credit administration, and field auditors to obtain necessary loan and sponsor information.
- Completion and proficiency in all Bank required ongoing training and certifications.
- Normally requires 5+ years commercial real estate banking experience or equivalent real estate related industry.
- Strong sales and real estate analytic skills with expert level knowledge of all major real estate product types.
- Understanding of credit underwriting, structuring skills and banking/capital markets products.
- Results oriented with proven ability to work autonomously to achieve goals.
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Business Development
- Portfolio Management
- Risk Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job