Formed in 2004, Landmark is a vertically integrated developer, owner, and manager dedicated to student housing real estate. The Company has $4.1 billion of assets under management and was ranked the #1 most active developer and contractor in student housing by Student Housing Business. Landmark has 34,000 beds under management between the company s owned portfolio and third-party assets. Landmark has over 900 employees across acquisitions, development, construction, property management, and investment management, including nearly 200 in the Athens, GA headquarters.
The Development Manager is responsible for managing a team of analysts on real estate development opportunities within key markets throughout the country.
Reports to: Executive Vice President of Development
Roles and Responsibilities
The duties listed below are an outline of the Manager s responsibilities and should not be considered an all-inclusive list. As the needs of the company change, these duties may be modified as needed.
- Work directly with the EVP of Development in identifying and analyzing real estate acquisition and development opportunities within key markets throughout the country.
- Manage the entitlement process of development opportunities.
- Prepare Real Estate Investment packages for presentation to lenders and institutional equity partners.
- Prepare comprehensive financial models and feasibility presentations.
- Work with multiple financial institution partners in arranging debt and other capital market executions (commercial banks, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, insurance companies, etc.).
- Work with institutional equity partners on closing real estate transactions
- Travel to markets throughout the US to assist with market due diligence and entitlement process for development opportunities
- Strong quantitative background with emphasis on Finance or Real Estate
- Minimum of 2 years working in development or Real Estate finance.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A motivated self-starter, problem solver and team player
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical and leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple high priority projects
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years