Reports To: Asset & Portfolio Management
This is a new growth created opportunity in search of a pro-active leader and effective communicator who will serve as a trusted advisor working directly for a very well respected, well established best in class real estate owner, developer/builder & private equity investment & asset management firm. This individual will play a key role in the administrative, financial, capital & operational management for a portfolio of assets. The Asset management duties will include new developments & stabilized properties with responsibilities across the full life cycle of deals from underwriting, analysis, development, through construction, lease up and stabilization.
- The Asset Manager will be responsible for the entire spectrum of asset management for a growing portfolio of new development/construction deals as well as managing new lease ups and existing stabilized assets within the portfolio.
- Manage the takeover of new assets and ensure a smooth and successful transition into the portfolio.
- Act as a point expert in each market where properties are assigned, with a strong knowledge of competitive apartment communities, the development pipeline and other economic drivers that could impact asset performance.
- Provide direction to the operations team regarding the development of and successful execution on operating budgets, capital investment plans, leasing/marketing plans, cost control strategies, risk management strategies, and other significant operational items with the goal of increasing/maximizing value.
- Monitor the construction, lease-up, compliance, and on-going management for a portfolio of assigned properties.
- Responsible for portfolio modeling, valuation, summary analysis and presentation to internal and external customers (executive leadership, investment committee, partners, etc.).
- Collaborate with the operations team (i.e. affiliated property management company) to oversee leasing and budgeting for the portfolio while reporting internally and externally significant strategic shifts or variances.
- Significant involvement in capital raising and investor relations through the creation of presentations, responding to questions, and attending meetings.
- Oversee the portfolio model including inputting information, formulating achievable market rate rent levels and model assumptions for assets, and running various scenarios.
- Responsible for hold/sell recommendations as well as helping manage the refinancing or disposition of properties.
- Engage, manage and review yearly appraisals of properties within the portfolio.
- Prepare quarterly and annual asset, portfolio and market reports for investors while working with accounting and development to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Respond to special requests for information from investor and capital clients in a professional manner and on an expedited basis.
- Conduct periodic property inspections and report findings.
- Assist with operating budgets, tax returns and annual audits for assets in the portfolio.
- Establish and manage relationships with all entities and agencies involved with assets.
- 5+ years of commercial real estate asset and financial analysis & management experience.
- Bachelor in related field required.
- Experience with multifamily or student housing properties preferred.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Solid understanding of real estate concepts, financial analysis, and strong organization and prioritization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Power Point as well as working experience with financial modeling software.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast moving environment.
- Asset Management
This job is no longer active.