Formed in 2004, Landmark is a vertically integrated developer, owner, and manager dedicated to student housing real estate. The Company has $4.1 billion of assets under management and was ranked the #1 most active developer and contractor in student housing by Student Housing Business. Landmark has 34,000 beds under management between the company s owned portfolio and third-party assets. Landmark has over 750 employees across acquisitions, development, construction, property management, and investment management, including 160 in the Athens, GA headquarters.
The Development Manager is responsible for managing a team of analysts on real estate development opportunities within key markets throughout the country.
Reports to: Executive Managing Director
Direct Reports: Development Deal Teams
Landmark Properties Background
Landmark Properties was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Athens, GA. The company is one of the foremost developers and managers of off-campus housing communities in the country.
Ranked as the nation s most active student housing developer and top student housing contractor, Landmark Properties is a vertically-integrated developer, builder and owner-operator with over 750 employees. Landmark s current portfolio includes more than 60 student housing properties across the country, more than 33,500 beds, and over $1.4 billion in assets currently under construction.
Senior Developer Position
The senior Developer will source and identify new opportunities, leads development deal teams, and manages all aspects of bringing a project from concept to completion. He or she must be a motivated self-starter, leader and problem solver who thinks like an owner with a Company Builder mentality.
Roles and Responsibilities
The duties listed below are an outline of the senior Developers responsibilities and should not be considered an all-inclusive list. As the needs of the company change, these duties may be modified.
- Manages all aspects of bringing a project from concept to completion, including:
- Brokerage relationships and agreements
- Land seller coordination
- Political considerations
- Land use attorney relationships
- Underwriting management
- Feasibility studies (site planning coordination)
- LOI negotiations
- Predevelopment budgeting
- Development timelines
- Contract (PSA) negotiations
- Site due diligence
- Title coordination
- Legal structuring and requirements
- Architectural program coordination
- Consultant contracts
- Hard costs pricing coordination with preconstruction
- Design development (building, ID, site and offsite)
- Retail / office work letters (for mixed use projects)
- GMP coordination with construction
- Securing financing
- Pre-closing and closing coordination
- Soft costs budget, contracts and forecast management
- Capital partner expectations
- Prime contract change management
- Project closeout checklist
- Leasing monitoring
- Hand-off to asset management and operations
- Responsible for sourcing new development opportunities
- Identify new potential sites in identified key markets
- Oversee and manage financial models on projects with the help of associates, senior analysts and analysts
- Manage the Development Checklist to ensure a thorough and complete development process
- Manage student housing development sites under contract
- Oversee the design and preconstruction processes of new construction projects with both an internal General Contractor as well as potential third party GCs
- Work with institutional equity partners and lenders to close on land and construction financing
- Responsible for the successful execution and delivery of deals / projects on time and on budget
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail displayed in all work product
More than 15 years