About McCourt Global:
McCourt Global, or MG, is a diversified asset management and investment firm with interests in real estate and finance, sports, media and social impact. MG currently has real estate assets in New York, London, Miami and Los Angeles. In the sports vertical, the company has an ownership stake in French football club Olympique de Marseille, Global Champions, and Conqur Endurance. The firm has several investment vehicles including MGG Investment Group and McCourt Partners, a private investment platform with more than $1 billion in permanent capital. In addition to the multiple business ventures, MG has a significant focus on social impact and is an active supporter of innovative institutions like the McCourt School of Public Policy at Georgetown, The Future Project and The Shed in NYC.
Our credo, We Invest in Better, guides our efforts in business and impact around the world. Founded in 1893 as a Boston road-building company, McCourt has expanded to a global company with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, London, Marseille, and Beijing.
About McCourt Partners Real Estate:
McCourt Global's real estate investment and development initiatives operate under McCourt Partners Real Estate and include more than 5.5 million square feet of mixed-use space in active development. Current projects include a 740,000-square-foot mixed-use development project at 360 Tenth Avenue in New York, a 1.8-million-square-foot luxury residential development project on Brickell Bay Drive in Miami, and, in the Shoreditch area of Central London, a 900,000-square-foot project comprising 250,000 square feet of commercial development and a 40-story residential tower. Additionally, MG controls approximately 260 acres of land in Chavez Ravine in Los Angeles.
About the Role and Responsibilities:
McCourt Partners Real Estate is looking for an analytical, inquisitive and strongminded Senior Associate to help propel our global real estate efforts. The Senior Associate, with approximately 5-7 years of experience in alternative investments and 2+ years of management experience, will be responsible for independently running and managing deal processes, reviewing acquisitions and spearheading all Real Estate team initiatives. He/she will lead team to analyze investment opportunities, asset dispositions and financing structures, enabling the McCourt Partners Real Estate investment and finance team to execute strategy and support senior level decision-making.
- Source and analyze potential acquisitions, predominantly in real estate, dispositions, refinancing and ownership structures for all asset classes to support senior level decision-making
- Conduct in-depth valuation analysis of real estate assets and portfolios as well as due diligence on a wide range of opportunities. Assist in financing, structuring and overall execution of transactions
- Prepare cash flow models, incorporating analyses such as distribution waterfalls, sensitivity matrices, IRR, and NPV
- Continuously refine revenue, cost and exit assumptions for ongoing and prospective developments
- Conduct and present analysis regarding potential acquisition opportunities, debt financing terms, and development activities to the senior management team
- Prepare investment committee memos, confidential information memorandums, presentations, internal briefs and related support material
- Support annual and long-range strategic planning process at the property and fund level
- Perform financial analysis, strategic business analysis and detailed industry research T
- The role is analytically intensive, and the ability to quickly understand and manipulate information is critical; as is the ability to interpret broad themes and strategies, and to present such themes and findings in a thoughtful and polished manner
- All other duties as assigned
- Employee must have the physical capability to perform all core functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the core functions of the job
First and foremast, you are zealous about real estate finance. You are a doer, manager and mentor. You have excellent financial modelling and extensive deal execution skills, developed through exposure to M&A and private equity. You are very detailed, thorough, analytical and results driven. You are self-starting and thrive in a dynamic, fast moving, entrepreneurial environment. You pride yourself on being collaborative, trustworthy, and committed. You actively listen and express yourself clearly, professionally and persuasively in conversations with others. You are thoughtful about the work you do and how it contributes to the enterprise’s success. You are a leader and coach to your team but also willing to roll up your sleeves alongside them. You are also flexible and open to different and new ways of doing things. And you win when the team wins.
More About You:
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preference for a degree in real estate, finance, business, economics or mathematics.
- Masters of Business Administration required
- 5+ years of real estate/market analysis experience in private equity or investment banking. US market experience required, global experience a plus.
- 2+ years of management experience
- Must be able to build cash flow models for all asset types and financing scenarios.
- Ability to work independently while managing team and prioritizing multiple deadlines.
- Financial Analysis
- Due Diligence
- Alternative Investments
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job