Vice President – Salt Lake City
The Vice President assumes broad responsibilities including deal sourcing/execution, asset management, financial analysis and due diligence.
A Senior Associate undertakes research to provide information and investment ideas to Senior Management. The information they provide enables decisions to be made relating to the mulit family investment property they acquire and manage. This position requires that the candidate screens potential investments relative to investment criteria and applies quantitative models to deals under consideration. They will work directly with senior management and Principals in the firm.
Acquisitions Responsibilities & Duties:
- Create and prepare valuations for potential acquisitions utilizing Microsoft Excel – using our internal models to incorporate market data, your initiative and intuition into each valuation.
- Research and analyze numerous submarkets, both from the desk and “in the field," to gain intimate knowledge of targeted opportunities. Monitor competitive properties in the region, historical sales transactions and perform other market research initiatives as needed.
- Conduct and coordinate due diligence activities involving the audit of leases and financial operations, analysis of market competitors, synthesis of third party reports, assessment of physical deficiencies and renovation opportunities.
- Lead deal sourcing by contacting owners and brokers directly.
Asset Management Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for working with key Arrowroot Real Estate personnel to execute each asset specific business plan.
- Prepares and performs quarterly financial reviews and presents to management.
- Analyzes monthly operating statements and renovation budget/schedule and reports any variances as compared to the budget and business plan. Aids in developing the strategy and action plan to resolve any deviation from the business plan.
- Analyzes economic trends for each specific asset sub-market (including but not limited to; rent comps, sales comps, and development pipeline) and summarizes findings to aid in decisions impacting the business plan.
- Responsible for being first point of contact with debt and equity providers and investment principals on document exchange, administrative requests and any financial reporting.
- Participate in weekly property management calls for each portfolio asset and ensure the timely execution of action items discussed. Work with property management to build culture with attention to detail on resident satisfaction, reputation management, revenue management, cost controls and anything that drives NOI.
- Strong analytic skills and an excellent working knowledge or mastery of Microsoft Excel, including the ability to create, modify, and analyze financial models and calculate investment returns.
- Ability to efficiently manage time, produce high quality work under deadline pressures, and successfully prioritize and simultaneously manage a heavy workload.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and contribute to organization’s goals and growth.
- Excellent attention to detail and high standard for accuracy.
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be a resident of the Salt Lake Metro area
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3 -5 years of relevant experience and sound fundamental knowledge of financial analysis; experience with real estate valuations
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, as well as proficiency in MS Word & PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability in interpersonal and business communications; excellent writing skills required
- Completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably with a concentration in real estate, finance, mathematics, business, or similar subject matter.
- Asset Management
This job is no longer active.