- Identify new and value-add development and redevelopment opportunities anchored by best in class anchor tenants that both create value and meet Regency’s internal investment criteria.
- Oversee the strategic repositioning of existing Regency assets as anchor movement, new zoning, apartment demand, or other densification opportunities lead to the ability to add significant value on existing properties.
- Manage the due diligence, entitlements, construction and redevelopment process working closely with project teams to ensure projects are leased at rates equal to or in excess of pro-forma, are well merchandised, and are built at budgeted costs and on schedule.
- Lead the negotiation of terms with property owners and community stakeholders and the negotiation of related legal documents as well as oversee the architectural and construction planning process.
- Negotiate leases with anchor tenants, with terms and conditions which are favorable to Regency such as rent increases, recapture, delivery conditions, casualty, opening covenants, etc.
- Develop and maintain influential relationships with key tenants, major owners, potential joint venture partners, brokers, community officials and key consultants in the market, such as land use/transactional attorneys, engineers and architects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance or related field; coupled with a minimum of 7 years of diversified commercial real estate experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of retail investment management experience to include knowledge and understanding of financial underwriting.
- Significant experience in conceptualizing, site planning, programming and executing development of projects.
- Experience in negotiating leases, purchase and sale contracts, easement covenants and other critical development documents.
- Strong knowledge of the commercial real estate industry and solid knowledge of real estate investments and operations.
- Quantitative and financial analysis skills.
- Intermediate level proficiency with current Microsoft Office software, email and internet research functionality.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA), Real Estate Development (MRED) or related field
- Experience in the master planning, design, development, construction management and operations of mixed-use properties
- Strong capacity to adapt quickly in a learning situation
- High level problem solving skills
- Capable of precise communication, even under strict time constraints. Ability to assimilate verbal information rapidly
- Comfortable with numbers, but extremely competent with numerical reasoning
- High energy level with a positive, upbeat attitude and the ability to multi-task
- Equal comfort in leading a team and being a part of a team
- Comfortable making timely decisions in a methodical manner
- Conversational and people oriented
- High level of integrity
- Project Management
7+ to 10 years