The Acquisitions Associate investment professional will be primarily focused on the acquisition of multifamily properties, as well as special situations in the for-sale residential space. The position will report directly to the Managing Director of Acquisitions and Managing Partners of the company. This position will be based in the company’s New York City headquarters, though travel will be required as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify and underwrite multifamily and opportunistic investments throughout the United States, with a focus on primary/secondary markets in the Northeast, Atlantic, and Sunbelt States.
- Prepare investment memoranda and present thoughtful investment recommendations to the firm’s senior management.
- Assist in the due diligence processes of acquisition opportunities and take a leadership role on other closing aspects in order to ensure a smooth transaction.
- Act as a company representative and point of contact with brokers, lenders, joint-venture partners, vendors, and contractors.
- Assist in coordinating the investment strategy, business plan and initial budgeting for new opportunities.
- 2 to 5 years of relevant acquisitions /asset management experience with an owner/investor/operator.
- Bachelor’s degree – real estate, finance, or accounting preferred.
- Advanced degree – MBA or Master’s in real estate or a related field is a plus but not required.
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to meet deadlines are essential candidate attributes.
- Must have an awareness and understanding of project goals and ability to develop and monitor specific plans.
- Ability to work individually or on a team.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Highly organized, detail oriented with the ability to work independently balancing multiple projects.
- Financial Analysis
- Due Diligence
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.