Greystar, a fully-integrated national multifamily investment, development, and property management company is looking for a Senioe Development Associate in our Portland, OR office.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required and a Master’s Degree in a related field is strongly preferred (i.e., real estate development, business, finance, economics, urban planning, construction management, and/or architecture). The ideal candidate will have at least three years real estate experience, preferably multifamily.
The Company offers competitive pay and benefits as well as an opportunity for advancement. EOE.
Greystar is looking for a highly-motivated, self-starter to assist with underwriting new target opportunities and processing existing development pursuits. The Senior Development Associate will report to the Director, Development and assist the Development Team within all aspects of real estate development including, but not limited to: construction oversight, consultant coordination, entitlement and government approvals, design, leasing/marketing, and financing. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing organization as an integral part of a small, talented regional Development Team (NorCal-PNW).
Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform financial analysis and due diligence for new development opportunities, assisting in underwriting and cash flow analysis, and responding to Requests for Qualifications or Proposals;
- Research and analyses: benchmark economic activity in target markets by tracking rents, sales comparables, operating costs, competitive supply and economic expansion activity;
- Assist in preparing business plans, including deal memorandums, financial forecasts and strategic plans;
- Research potential sites by physically observing and visiting to better understand the market;
- Attend OAC meetings, visit jobsites, and prepare required reports for ownership;
- Assist in coordinating construction draws, forecasting project budgets and cash flows, and managing project deliverables;
- Review vendor proposals, negotiate agreements, maintain vendor relationships, and process invoices;
- Assist in meeting coordination/scheduling, documenting meeting minutes, and file organization as directed.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to develop, comprehend, and complete legal, financial, and other business documents and to provide updates and reports to owners, capital partners, and key stakeholders;
- Expert-level proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet (Excel), and database management programs in order to complete, design, and develop required reports and documents. Experience in BlueBeam, Smartsheet and other Company software applications related to budgeting and overall project management;
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to create and analyze complex pro forma’s and underwriting tools;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-management skills in order to establish, cultivate, and maintain productive relationships with brokers, institutional and equity partners, owners, lenders, and the variety of potential clients with whom Greystar does business;
- Strong organizational, time-management, and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines. Must possess a keen attention to detail.
Founded in 1993, Greystar provides world-class service in the multifamily real estate business. Our innovative business model integrates the management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry on international, regional and local levels. This unique approach and our commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals have resulted in record growth, making us one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies. Because our business model includes both investment and service-oriented businesses, we’re able to maintain a constant presence in local markets and create value in all phases of the real estate cycle. Our international platform provides economies of scale, financial sophistication, institutional quality reporting and tremendous capital relationships, while our city offices provide local market expertise and execution. Our dedication to redefining excellence in apartment living means we’re constantly exploring innovative ideas and pioneering new ways to serve our residents and clients. The Greystar team is more than 14,000 team members strong and growing. EOE.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.