Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 5,600 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, our company has declared almost 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 50-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on merit and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income’s Leased Retail Property Manager, you will work alongside a growing team of talented property managers. Assisting in the operations of our retail portfolio, your ability to maintain and develop strong tenant relationships, will be chief in this role. As this is a temporary role, with the opportunity to be permanent, you should be able to tell us your track record in taking on an exciting opportunity and running with it! Working alongside a team, your ability to bring both a sense of humor and strong work ethic will allow you to embrace this role!
Your Contribution to the Team Includes:
- Coordinate all aspects of property management, including the development of effective relationships with tenants, supervision of vendors, general property maintenance, implementation capital improvements and financial reporting.
- Develop an in depth understanding of lease language and ability to comprehend and administer Landlord obligations under the lease and/or REAs.
- Manage repairs, maintenance, and site inspections.
- Coordinate all capital improvements, including management participation in punch list walk-through and follow-up.
- Master the use of Yardi, the company's system of record for lease administration and other systems that may become available. Ability to navigate/update the system for lease, work order and contract tracking.
- Develop a working knowledge of building systems, including roof systems, parking lots and mechanical.
- Processing of Accounts Payable.
- Effectively supervise contractors, vendors, and maintenance personnel.
- Coordinate tenant move-ins, including the preparation of appropriate documentation.
- Coordinate operating expense reconciliations with accounting.
- Provide property due diligence as needed by the acquisitions team, with ability to travel on short notice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university or five years related work experience.
- Real estate or property management emphasis required.
- Commercial retail property management experience preferred
General Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to inquiries from tenants, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to senior management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, and develop alternative solutions.
- Manage difficult or emotional tenant situations, respond promptly to tenant needs, respond to requests for service and assistance, and meet commitments.
- Able to work within an approved budget, develop and implement cost saving measures, conserve organizational resources.
- Prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, and set goals and objectives.
- Meet productivity standards, complete work in timely manner, strive to increase productivity, and work quickly.
- Adaptable to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.