We are innovative entrepreneurs finding opportunity in real estate, private aviation and wealth management. Our vision — like our history — is long-term. We invest our talent, energy and resources with creative insight which has allowed us to grow and give back to the community for over 60 years.
The Senior Property Manager will be based in either Leesburg, VA or Silver Springs, MD and will be responsible for managing two (2) Metro DC properties and being a liaison to a corporate office in Michigan. The role encompasses various responsibilities including elements of property management, purchasing, day-to-day real estate operations, assisting leasing agents, property marketing, maintaining tenant relationships and communication, basic accounting and budgeting. Candidates must be able to travel around the Metro DC area, be a self-starter and work in a fast-paced environment. This person must have a minimum of 7 years of property management experience for a real estate company.
- Manage the daily operations of two office buildings in the metropolitan DC area;
- Maintain relationships with tenants, service providers, contractors, leasing agents and all other individuals associated with operations at the properties;
- Prepare an annual budget for the properties, including forecasting income, expenses and capital expenditure projects;
- Operating the properties to ensure that they follow the approved budget;
- On a monthly basis, compare the properties’ monthly performance to the budget and investigate and explain variances between the two;
- Assist Asset Managers to optimize individual property performance and ensure strategies designed to enhance property values are being implemented, mainly capital expenditure and leasing plans;
- Prepare and review annual CAM estimate calculations and annual CAM reconciliations;
- Understand real estate leasing, underwriting, documentation, approvals, tenant improvements, maintenance, marketing, operations and metrics;
- Work with Asset Managers on implementing property strategies, which might include but will not be limited to working with contractors to obtain cost proposals for projects, attending meetings on behalf of the building and ownership;
- Oversee and train an Assistant Property Manager;
- Work cooperatively with an accounting team located at the corporate office;
- Contribute to a team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- The candidate must have real estate property management experience, preferably from an institutional owner or operator;
- Candidates with experience managing office or retail properties are preferred;
- The candidate must be a good communicator and have good interpersonal skills while promoting teamwork;
- Candidates with experience managing and training others is preferred;
- The candidate must be highly motivated, hands-on and a self-starter;
- Candidates must have strong computer skills including comprehensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook;
- The candidate must be results oriented and enjoy challenges;
- The candidate has the ability to solve practical problems through problem definition, data collection and the establishment of valid conclusions;
- The candidate must have a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and resolving outstanding issues;
- The candidate must be confident but should not hesitate to ask questions and seek to complete work;
- Occasional travel outside of the Metro DC area may be required.
- 7+ Years of commercial property management experience, preferably with an institutional quality office or retail assets;
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, construction or related field;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Experience with Yardi or similar accounting software programs (MRI) and ARGUS is preferred;
- Any property management accreditations or completed courses, such as Certified Property Manager are a plus.
Interested applicants should apply online by October 31st, 2019.
- Property Management
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job