Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are seeking an Associate to support investment professionals within the Real Estate Equity Group in the underwriting of real estate transactions, asset management, portfolio management and any other duties as assigned. Responsibilities will be diverse in terms of property type, including office, warehouse/distribution, retail and multifamily and geographic dispersion nationwide. Interaction with third party organizations, organizing information, assisting in summarizing data and research support is expected. The position is based in Chicago, IL.
Specific responsibilities for the Associate Real Estate Equity will include:
- Supporting investment staff in the underwriting, analysis and execution of real estate transactions;
- Knowledgeable in real estate financial terminology and financial concepts;
- Assisting in performing property valuations;
- Assisting in preparation and presentation of internal investment recommendations and memoranda;
- Assisting in reviewing/preparation of valuations, annual budgets and business plans;
- May be assigned responsibility for specific assets or markets;
- Participating in conference calls and meetings to discuss deal pipeline and current transactions;
- Staying informed and communicating current industry and market trends;
- Assisting in the development, and ongoing production, of internal quarterly performance reviews on the real estate equity portfolio;
- Assisting in maintaining models, research, electronic files, reports, etc.;
- Other duties as may be assigned;
- Some travel will be required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excel, PowerPoint and Argus experience, strong analytical and financial modeling skills;
- Superior analytical skills, with an emphasis on the ability to translate analytical observations into supportable conclusions;
- Detail oriented with a commitment to high quality work product;
- Ability to think independently and assist in presenting a view point in a thoughtful and professional manner;
- Strong organizational skills – ability to perform tasks and achieve results; independently and as part of a team, consistently meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple assignments effectively in a dynamic work environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to interact effectively and professionally with a wide variety of internal constituents.
- 3-5 years’ experience in commercial real estate analysis;
- Experience in acquisitions and/or asset management is a plus
- A bachelor’s degree is required in Real Estate or Finance. A CFA or MBA are both highly desired but are not required
- Accounting / Control
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.