VICE PRESIDENT OF ACQUISITIONS
Alliance Partners HSP, LLC (“Alliance”) is a private real estate investment and operating company based in Bryn Mawr, PA, approximately 10 miles from Center City Philadelphia. Alliance is the exclusive East Coast affiliate of The Shidler Group, one of the nation’s foremost commercial real estate organizations.
Since its inception in 2009, Alliance has completed over 11 million square feet of property acquisitions and developments totaling over $1.5 billion. Alliance combines extensive investment, operating and development capabilities with innovative financial strategies to produce superior risk-adjusted returns for its investors. Alliance invests primarily in office, industrial and mixed-use properties in markets across the eastern United States including Greater Philadelphia, Chicago, Nashville, Charlotte, Tampa, and South Florida.
Each of Alliance’s three founding partners – Clay Hamlin, Jay Shidler and Richard Previdi – has more than 30 years of real estate investment experience. Collectively, they have founded five public companies and two private real estate operating companies in joint ventures with leading institutional investors. In total, they have acquired more than 2,500 commercial properties nationally with a value in excess of $15 billion.
Summary of Role:
Alliance is seeking a Vice President of Acquisitions (“VP of Acquisitions”) to focus on sourcing both on- and off-market acquisition opportunities in South Florida. In addition, the VP of Acquisitions will be responsible for developing relationships with brokers and owners of office and industrial properties, providing underwriting support, which will include a deep understanding of the local market, and assisting with transaction execution, among other duties. This newly-created role offers high performing candidates the opportunity to grow and be promoted to senior levels within the organization and be on the front end of the company’s expanding South Florida business.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Source/identify value add/opportunistic, redevelopment and ground-up development investment opportunities for office, industrial and mixed-use properties, including both on- and off-market acquisitions, in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade Counties in South Florida.
- Develop, expand, and maintain external relationships with key market participants, investment sales, leasing brokers and lenders.
- Provide underwriting support with market data and local market expertise.
- Assist in the preparation of investment committee presentations, investment analysis and partner memoranda.
- Coordinate and oversee the due diligence process.
- Understand and keep abreast of market dynamics and drivers, including rent and occupancy trends.
- Regularly attend industry functions, conferences and events to represent firm, monitor market/industry deals and continuously generate and apprise firm of valuable business leads.
- Maintain active dialog and communication with Alliance management, capital markets, acquisitions, leasing and accounting professionals in developing an active working knowledge of the firm’s strategies, activities and performance.
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Demonstrates high character, integrity and professionalism and operates with the highest ethical standards.
- Enjoys cold calling, networking, and traveling in pursuit of new investment opportunities.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and time well; will be the “tip of the spear” on transactions and provide input on stakeholder deliverables.
- Self-starter who is equally able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field.
- Minimum of five to seven years of experience in real estate, preferably in an acquisition or leasing capacity.
- Proven track record of successfully sourcing/closing commercial real estate investment opportunities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluency with basic financial and investment concepts
- Well-connected among the South Florida real estate community
- Team player who works well with others and is organized, proactive and can work in a self-directed manner.
- Willingness to be based full-time in South Florida
- MBA or related Master’s degree.
Salary & Benefits:
- Base Salary: Competitive with other private real estate companies in the South Florida market
- Bonus: Candidate will be eligible for discretionary “deal-by-deal” bonuses and/or participation
- Benefits: All Firm employees eligible for healthcare, paid time off, 401k with company matching, as well as other standard company benefits.
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job