Position will support Managing Director in the development of Multifamily project(s) from concept to disposition in specific regions or cities.
- Research and gain familiarity with target markets. Tour competitive market area properties.
- Assist in identifying and reviewing land opportunities, creating conceptual analysis, and drafting LOIs.
- Execute due diligence for new deals.
- Assist the pre-development team with planning, analysis and budgets.
- Provide periodic project updates, including financials, schedule and other applicable specifics, to Crescent leadership.
- Assist in the coordination, preparation, and presentation of investment proposals to the Investment and Executive Committees.
- Maintain key relationships with local and national contractors to utilize their knowledge and experience regarding construction and specific locations.
- Develop/maintain relationships with equity and debt partners.
- Develop/maintain database of qualified design team members, general contractors, subcontractors, and consultants.
- Maintain relevant knowledge of new/quality materials, changes in building codes, processes and methods of construction.
- Develop appropriate measures to manage development risks.
- Manage project budgets and complete periodic reporting as required by Crescent leadership, equity and debt partners, including status updates and budget reconciliations.
- Protect Crescent's rights by submitting timely notices to all team members and general contractors in the case of damages, delays, or scope changes as required by law and contracts.
- Coordinate/complete design and Visioning processes.
- Verify/obtain government/county/city approvals and permits.
- Initiate/obtain approval of required utility systems and confirm agreements have been secured.
- Ensure development is completed within approved budget; lead the project as the owner’s representative; Oversee development schedule compliance.
- Conduct job site visits/inspections with design team members and general contractor to review safety, quality control, adherence to schedule, cleanliness, and budget.
- Ensure that the project opening is well coordinated and executed to company standards.
- Develop/coordinate plan for punch-out/turnover for each development.
- Coordinate policies and procedures with property management team during lease-up.
- Oversee and monitor lease-up progress, reporting periodically to Crescent leadership.
- Assist in potential disposition of assets.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, real estate development, or related field.
- 7-10 years minimum experience required with at least 5 related real estate or development management experience with multifamily projects required, including complex and mixed use projects.
- Advanced computer skills using Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proven ability to design, develop and fully execute successful multifamily communities.
- Exceptional financial acumen.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Proven experience building and sustaining relationships with internal and external partners.
- Masters in related field
- Phoenix market experience
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard
- Seeing to read a variety of materials and to observe a variety of development and construction activities
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to maneuver around the development site
- Ability to carry 5-10 lbs. (computer, files, etc.)
- Normal office environment with exposure to personal computer monitor and frequent use of a keyboard.
- Project and site exposure includes dust, miscellaneous allergens, sunlight, noise, moving machinery, and other natural and environmental exposures.
- M-F, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (alternate schedule may apply).
- Valid driver's license or reliable means of transportation.
- Ability to travel to field locations and stay overnight as required.
- Ability to work early or late hours and weekends as required.
This document describes the position currently available and serves only as a summary of the typical functions of the job. It is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities. Tasks, responsibilities, and duties of the incumbent may differ from those outlined. Other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job. It is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
Crescent Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Research/Market Analysis
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job