As part of the Program Controls Division, the Capital Improvement Program Manager (CIPM) will work with Corridor Program Office (CPO) Executives, in addition to program and project management staff, to effectively deliver the Corridor Mobility Program within the expedited timeline of eight years as outlined in Council’s Contract with Voters. This position interfaces with the Budget Office and ATD Finance staff with respects to project funding needs, transfers, obligations and expenses.
The CIPM is needed to (1) provide experience and knowledge in CIP best practices for Program-level budget management and monitoring and analysis to support timely decision-making; (2) anticipate/forecast and recognize when funding and change risks will affect interrelated projects, thus affecting program delivery; (3) communicate with senior leadership regarding funding analysis, projections, and recommendations (4) maintain program/corridor/project-level budgets and provide reliable and accurate data for progress reporting; and (5) and provide management and assistance in planning, developing, and monitoring CPO’s Corridor Construction Program funds.
The CIPM’s challenge is to manage and balance the overall program funding with total project costs and predict if changes in cost and/or funding will affect other projects in the program. To understand those impacts and needs, this position will require consistent communication in order to analyze and recommend funding allocations to CPO Management.
- Experience and knowledge in CIP best practices for Program-level budget management
- Experience developing, managing and monitoring program budgets and expenditures across multiple projects
- Experience monitoring and controlling the allocation of multi-million dollar Program funds down to the project level, request appropriations to ensure upcoming project obligations are funded, including leveraged resources to achieve enhanced outcomes.
- Experience anticipating/forecasting and recognizing when funding and change risks will affect interrelated projects, thus affecting program delivery.
- Experience assembling and analyzing financial data from various financial systems and CPO/systems and tools, identifying variances and trends, providing forecasts and identifying issues and opportunities to inform program delivery decisions.
- Experience communicating with senior leadership regarding funding analysis, projections, and recommendations for timely decision-making.
- Experience in developing, monitoring and reporting on compliance with partnership agreements or grant requirements. Problem-solving skills with internal and external members to accomplish organizational goals.
A Master’s degree in a field related to Business Administration, Public Administration or related field plus three (3) years of experience Two (2) of which were in a lead or supervisory capacity may substitute for the required education and experience.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply online at:
About Austin, Texas Austin has long been known as a technologically advanced city, a place where new ideas go to be tested and adopted. Austin has enjoyed a robust and diverse economy for the past 10 years, with economic indicators regularly exceeding national averages. Austin metropolitan area is one of the fastest growing in the country, with a 2.9 percent increase in population in 2016. Austin, Texas has a population of 926,000, making it the 11th largest city in the country. One of the country’s most popular, high-profile “green” and culturally dynamic cities, Austin was selected as the #1 Best Places to Live (US News and World Report 4/2017), # 5 Top 25 Future-Ready US Cities (Convention Management Association Convene Magazine, 2/2016), “Best City for the Next Decade” (Kiplinger), the “Best Places to Live in the US” (US News), the “Top Creative Center” in the US (Entrepreneur.com) and #1 on the “On Numbers Economic Index” as the fastest growing economy.
EOE - City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act
- Project Management
This job is no longer active.