Bluerock Real Estate (“Bluerock”) seeks a Closing Assistant to join the team of an innovative and growing institutional, private equity real estate firm with over $7 Billion in Assets Under Management (AUM).
Bluerock is the sponsor of Bluerock Residential Growth REIT, Inc. (“BRG” or “Company”), a publicly traded real estate investment trust that focuses on developing and acquiring a diversified portfolio of institutional-quality highly amenitized live/work/play apartment communities in demographically attractive knowledge economy growth markets. In addition to the REIT, Bluerock is also the sponsor of an industry-leading real estate mutual fund and through its Bluerock Value Exchange affiliate a top sponsor of 1031 exchange programs.
For more information, please visit the Company’s websites including Bluerockre.com / / Bluerockfunds.com / Bluerockexchange.com.
Position: Closing Assistant
The Real Estate Closing Assistant will work closely with the Closing Coordinator, Acquisitions Team, and Outside Counsel in the purchase and sale of properties. Duties will include providing due diligence, closing, and post-closing support for the transactions group; aggregating and storing legal and closing documents; and performing ad hoc or other support functions that may arise.
- Assist in the underwriting, closing, and financing of multifamily real estate transactions
- Review real estate reports (appraisals, environmental, zoning, title, survey) and prepare an issues memo
- Assist with the management of the closing calendar and the coordination of funding requirements
- Aggregate signatures and send out various closing, financing and or legal packages
- Obtain and archive closing documents for cloud-based and/or physical storage
- Perform administrative functions including printing, copying, filing and sending packages.
- Perform other adhoc duties as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 - 5 years of experience in real estate
- Closing / Title / Paralegal experience preferred
- Candidate should have strong work ethic and ability to work under tight deadlines
Compensation commensurate with experience
Company is an equal opportunity employer
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job