Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 5,600 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, our company has declared over 590 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 50-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on merit and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income's Acquisitions Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the deal captains in their day-to-day execution of transactions. Your strong analytical background coupled being a Microsoft Suite wizard, will allow you to communicate effectively across and the acquisitions team. Your strong understanding of net lease property, underwriting, finance, and accounting, will allow you to tackle this opportunity.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes:
- Assist in the day-to-day transaction analysis.
- Populate Investment Committee spreadsheets.
- Prepare Investment Committee Packages including Transaction Summaries, Sales Comparables, and Map Packages.
- Coordinate information needs between internal groups (Credit, Legal, Accounting and Investment Committee) and clients or prospective clients.
- Participate in-person meetings with clients and prospective clients.
- Garner a deeper understanding of unit level P&Ls and the determination of EBITDAR.
- Research new opportunities and conduct industry research.
- Become an expert in Excel.
- Generate, maintain and publish periodic reports/industry tracking pieces used for management of the business and presented to Senior Executives.
- Opportunity to work with Senior Executives on ad-hoc projects.
- Attend ICSC Las Vegas.
Perform other duties as assigned.
What You'll Need to be Successful:
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree: B.S. or B.A. from a top academic institution with an emphasis on finance, accounting, and/or other related field of study
- Previous work experience: 0 - 2 years of work experience: investment banking, principal investing, and/or corporate finance experience strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced word processing
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Relational databases; data entry, creating simple queries & reports
- Mapping software skills (Sites USA, Google Earth Pro, ESiteAnalytics)
- Internet research
- Graphic design (PowerPoint)
- Excellent time management, ability to prioritize tasks from other sources, and make adjustments in a manner to complete all tasks
- Self-motivated; determined to make improvements, including ability to identify and discontinue unnecessary tasks in order to take on more meaningful ones, generate ideas for streamlining department's operating procedures and/or file retention systems, implement after approval by department head
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Positive, friendly, and helpful attitude
- Strong communication skills, clear, complete, and timely
- Team player; willing to offer or seek help, accept, and provide constructive feedback
To all recruitment agencies Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
1+ to 2 years