Title: Property Manager
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Job Summary: The Property Manager property will manage units and supportive housing services for formerly homeless Individuals.
- Performs all aspects of leasing and assist the Director in the daily administration of the property
- Responsible for the supervision of on-site staff including making recommendations for hiring, performance evaluation and progressive disciple input.
- Leases apartments, processes applications and performs data entry and the generation of reports
- Prepares and documents tenant income certification, move-in, annual and interim certification, oversee the compliance process for all programs
- Handles the smooth and efficient process of move-ins and move-outs
- Collects and accounts for tenant rent, subsidy payments and other rental assistance from the Government and private agencies
- Coordinates with supporting service staff on the provision of resident services
- Coordinates and oversee the efficiency of the maintenance department in dealing with work orders, inspections, and emergencies and ensure follow-up of service requests.
- Assists the Director in ensuring property is in compliance with all funding sources and monitoring entities
- Oversees the cleaning, security and the general quality and appearance of the property and units.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred
Previous experience (at least 2 years) tax credit, supported homeless programs and/or section 8
Proficiency in written and verbal communications (English/Spanish)
Proficiency in Microsoft office programs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended period of time at a keyboard or workstation; to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work; to use hands in order to finger, handle, or feel; to reach with hands and arms; and to talk or to hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects and materials of light weight (up to 10 pounds). The employee is occasionally required to walk, to stand, to stoop, to kneel, and to crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a typical climate controlled office environment and the noise is usually moderate.
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job