National Vice President of Property Management
Property Management Advisors (PMA), a retail real estate management firm located in Santa Ana, California is searching for a National Vice President of Property Management to join their team. This individual will provide leadership and management control for a team of property managers, assistant property managers and their support staff, who in turn, manage 4 millions square feet of shopping centers located in 17 states, with the majority of the portfolio located in California and Arizona.
This position requires a leadership mentality and is integral to assisting the Company to achieve continuing success and growth. The position will be located in our Santa Ana, California office and will also support remote team members in Phoenix, Arizona. Periodic, overnight and multi-day travel is required.
As the National Vice President of Property Management, you will be responsible for the management and development of the Property Managers and the Assistant Property Managers. You should have a track record of not only bringing in and motivating top talent but ensuring high performance standards are met. With your strong understanding in customer relations and tenant relations, you should be able to train and showcase a strong financial management understanding and be able to lead all property management functions.
Local candidates only - no relocation assistance is provided with this position
Key general goals for the position are:
- Lead a team of property managers and administrative personnel by diligently maintaining high standards of integrity and improving performance and professionalism of all Property Managers.
- Develop and strengthen department roles and encourage interaction between all members of the department to implement and follow best practices which results in high employee engagement and team efficiency.
- Ensure proper revenue and cost management through vendor contract review and expense controls for the maintenance, repairs, and landlord obligations of the portfolio properties.
- Expand and improve the effectiveness of the Property Management department
Tenant and Vendor Relations
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all tenants and vendors. Be proactive and responsive to tenant’s needs and requests.
- Support company goals by offering superior customer service and relationship management to achieve high lease renewal ratios.
- Develop and enforce policies and procedures. Maintain compliance by ensuring all property records are maintained in accordance with all legal requirements and company policies and/or practices.
- Investigate all complaints, disturbances and violations and resolve the issues.
- Identify and implement opportunities for increasing revenue potential, including proposing and justifying capital improvements to enhance the asset’s value, optimize return on investment, and promote long term financial growth for portfolio. Develop a comprehensive capital improvement schedule for each property, and portfolio wide roof and pavement inspection/management plans.
- Accountable for the property revenues and expenses and use sound financial measures to ensure that the budget and financial goals are met.
- Review operating and capital budgets.
- Establish and administer estimated/actual recoveries.
- Oversee and be responsible for the accuracy of:
- Capital improvement budgets to effectively and efficiently maintain the properties;
- Annual property operating budgets, including an assessment and review of proposed capital or nonstandard expenditures in relation to tenant expense reimbursement obligation
- CAM reconciliations and other property financial reporting;
- Collection of accounts receivable
- Tenant coordination and tenant relations
- Monthly certification of Rent Rolls
- Lease abstraction and lease administration including uploading leases into Yardi.
- Oversee all aspects of managing the properties including site inspections, contracting for services, overall property maintenance
- Monthly variance reporting
- Annual department budget with projections to include proper staffing to manage an ever increasing portfolio.
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or equivalent years of experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years in commercial real estate, with the majority of time in the retail sector.
- Hands-on experience with a large and/or complex real estate portfolio required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical documents, financial reports, and legal documents. Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from tenants, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Expert communicator of complex issues to audiences of all levels.
- California Real Estate License and/or Certified Property Manager designation preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Property Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.