NELSON is currently seeking an experienced Strategic Occupancy Planner to provide onsite support to one of NELSON's Global Solutions clients. This position Is based in the California Bay Area but could be in another region with required travel to the Bay Area. The Strategic Occupancy Planner will lead and execute Occupancy Planning day-to-day service delivery and will be responsible for development and maintenance of the Annual Plans of Record and ensuring the client's Occupancy Plan of Record aligns with their Portfolio Plan of Record. The Strategic Occupancy Planner will also be responsible for workforce-driven strategies which are aligned with enterprise and business initiatives. The Strategic Occupancy Planner is responsible for optimizing Occupancy Plan of Record assets, building occupancy and space utilization in support of corporate real estate portfolio management. The ideal Strategic Occupancy Planner is a natural leader, self–starter, high energy individual with a strategic focus, a proactive problem solver with strong analytical ability, and has a proven ability to motivate client groups to take desired action. This person must be able to lead a team, coach teammates, and present well to executive leadership teams.
- Strategic optimization of Occupancy Plan of Record assets, building occupancy, and space utilization
- Develop and drive workforce-driven strategies that support enterprise and/or business initiatives which comply with standards, mandates, and regulations
- Ensure real estate tactics align with strategy
- Coach and lead a team of Occupancy Planners
- Drive communication amongst Client and Service Delivery Partner groups
- Gather and interpret space and headcount data, and develop reports for client
- Develop documentation to compare strategic solutions, identify risks and benefits, and present recommendations to client for approval
- Develop current and future occupancy plans and documentation including, stack plans, block plans, test fits/space plans, allocation plans, and move migration plans
- Develop test fits/space plans of new and existing office space
- Assist in compiling order-of-magnitude costs for preliminary budgeting of capital dollars and expenses.
- Lead and attend Client meetings, draft meeting minutes and obtain approvals to proceed when required.
- Develop migration and phasing plans for relocation and sequencing of moves required to achieve end states, including simultaneous facilitation of both legacy and new work environment solutions if required
- Prepare implementation schedules of critical path and milestone events
- Measure, monitor and report cost saving and value-added contributions
- Leverage technology and data to Inform strategic solutions
- Lead with Innovative solutions
- 5+ years of experience in the delivery of occupancy planning services
- 1 year of experience leading a team, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or related field
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, CAFM, IWMS, TRIRIGA
- Experience working with SerraView, IOFFICE, or SpaceTrak Is a plus
- Proficiency in Adobe and Microsoft application suites (InDesign, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Proficiency in Business Intelligence Tools
- Experience in project management
- Ability to effectively interpret and apply policy and procedure
- Ability to process work quickly, accurately, and with changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Basic understanding of corporate real estate and financial concepts
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional client facing interactions and communications
- Comfortable interfacing with Executive level leadership
NELSON is part of a global architecture, design, engineering, and consulting services organization with over 1000 Teammates in over 20 locations around the world and a strong experience in a broad range of industries. NELSON is ranked in the top 10 of Interior Design Magazine’s “100 Design Giants” list. NELSON is also ranked in the top 3 firms specializing in workplace interior design. For more information, visit www.nelsonworldwide.com.
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by clicking the link. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
- Facilities Management
- Project Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.