In this role, you will partner with the Regional Manager in executing on a marketing plan to find and cultivate the sources of core and core-plus loans, to include the initial underwriting, credit analysis and investment committee presentations of new investment opportunities.
Mortgage Loan Origination Responsibilities
- Solicit mortgage loans through correspondent mortgage bankers in defined geographic territory.
- Member of a team that directly solicits mortgage loans from large national accounts.
- Review and underwrite proposed mortgage loans.
- Negotiate and structure mortgage loan investments.
- Underwrite, value and inspect the security.
- Prepare detailed analysis and presentation of mortgage loan investments to the investment committee.
- Negotiate and issue mortgage loan commitments.
- Coordinate, with legal counsel, the closing of mortgage loan transactions.
- Review and approve environmental, engineering and appraisal reports.
- Produce the required volume of quality mortgage loan transactions at required yields.
- Research new territories where required, and continually review existing territories in search of quality mortgage loan transactions.
- Contribute value added knowledge of local real estate markets within territory.
- Build and maintain correspondent relationships.
- Maintain general knowledge of factors affecting the real estate market and economy.
- Provide leadership in areas of program and subordinate development.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years work experience in commercial real estate required.
- Ability to evaluate real estate and real estate markets.
- Detailed knowledge of mortgage loan documentation, analysis, and legal issues.
- Knowledge of alternative investments and relative value.
- Management and leadership skills necessary to implement directives and obtain established goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Asset Management
- Investment Management
- Portfolio Management
7+ to 10 years