ASSOCIATE – COMMERCIAL ACQUISITIONS
Dallas-based, privately held commercial real estate development and investment management company with exceptional performance specializing in value-add and opportunistic real estate investments. With an entrepreneurial spirit and proven 30-year track record across several market cycles Westmount Realty Capital has amassed a portfolio of over 13 million square feet of industrial and office properties and 3,700 multifamily nationally.
The Associate – Commercial Acquisitions candidate will be working closely with the Commercial Acquisitions team to provide support throughout all areas of the acquisition process including deal sourcing, underwriting, financing, due diligence, and closing with a primary focus on evaluating and underwriting industrial acquisition opportunities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
The activities listed here are not all-inclusive; rather, they indicate the types of activities normally performed by this position. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
- Primary responsibility will be evaluating and underwriting potential industrial investment opportunities using an Excel based model.
- Proficient in the use of Argus analysis software.
- Reviewing P&L statements, rent rolls, and tax statements.
- Researching and analyze demographic, economic, and real estate market data to recognize market trends in order to support underwritten assumptions with a high level of certainty.
- Communication with those parties familiar with the asset and market (investment sales brokers, lenders, property managers, tax advisors, attorneys, appraisers, and other third-party service providers).
- Occasional travel with acquisition team to conduct on-site due diligence for potential new investments may be required.
- Maintain detailed pipeline of potential new investments to be reviewed on a weekly basis.
- Prepare presentation material for possible new acquisitions.
- Be instrumental in the writing and production of investment memorandums and related marketing collateral.
- Instrumental in the due diligence and closing processes.
- Ensure that objectives and timelines are being met. Prepare and deliver timely, accurate and complete reports as needed.
- Provide overall support for the team with a willingness to learn and an enthusiasm for commercial real estate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a relevant field of study (business, finance, real estate, economics).
- A minimum of three (3) years of related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of real estate cash flow modeling using Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers and clients.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently present information and interface with Acquisitions Team
- as well as Company Leadership.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently; also works well in a group setting.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Be able to recognize and analyze trends in financial statements.
- Exhaustive understanding of financial concepts (DCF, ROI, IRR, NPV, Cap Rate, etc.) and factors affecting these metrics.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and Argus.
- Willingness to work long hours when necessary.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Self-sufficient in monitoring work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
2+ to 5 years