As an Executive Director, Real Estate Investments for the Southwest region, the candidate will be responsible for the region's involvement in acquisitions, development, build-to-suits, joint ventures, and capital transactions which may also include senior and mezzanine debt, and preferred equity financing structures. The candidate will oversee all aspects of the deal process including sourcing transactions, market and property underwriting, due diligence, and closing. Candidate will help USAA Real Estate invest in a variety of strategies with multiple capital sources. Additional responsibilities may include supporting the initiatives of other company departments.
- Source & manage acquisition, development, and joint venture opportunities in the Southwestern region with a focus on Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Denver, and the surrounding areas.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with real estate contacts including brokers and developers who operate in the region.
- Work cohesively with the USAA Real Estate investment management team to develop underwriting assumptions and transaction strategy. Develop recommendations to senior team members on investment opportunities and key deal points.
- Responsible for coordination of due diligence efforts for each transaction such as; financial modeling, market surveys, lease analysis, tenant credit analysis, property management and engineering issues, building compliance, environmental risk assessment, etc. in conjunction with in-house analytical support, research, construction, capital markets and portfolio management teams.
- Effectively advocate for transactions that support USAA Real Estate funds and objectives. Present transactions to USAA Real Estate Investment Committee.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, USAA Membership eligibility, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Real Estate, Economics or related field required. Related graduate degree is preferred.
- 10+ years in the real estate industry, 5+ yrs. of recent real estate transactional experience or experience as a senior level investment sales agent for a major real estate brokerage firm.
- Candidates must have well established relationships in the Southwestern United States.
- Advanced understanding of real estate investment and transaction principles (including but not limited to financial modeling and time value of money concepts).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to cultivate business relationships with external colleagues, developers, brokers, investors, etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a high performance based team.
- Must have a passion for real estate and ability to drive transactions to timely close.
- Demonstrated track record of displaying sound investment judgement.
- Experience in originating individual and portfolio transactions directly and through joint venture partners.
- Ability to lead.
- Ability to travel.
- Must be willing to headquarter in Dallas, TX.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in different job title.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk, and use business equipment daily such as computer, copier, fax, telephone, etc.
- Frequently required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 25lbs.
- Ability to handle stress caused by multiple priorities, and other unforeseen situations associated with the organization.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.
- Business Development
- Alternative Investments
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.