Rappaport owns, manages and develops shopping centers and provides retail leasing, tenant representation, marketing, property management, construction management and development services for space in shopping center and mixed-use properties throughout Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia. An essential component to keeping our shopping centers and merchants successful is a dedicated strategy that drives consumer traffic and loyalty, this is done through Rappaport’s shopping center marketing services.
The Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating the strategic marketing plans and grand opening initiatives for Rappaport's retail shopping centers and mixed-use developments (includes existing and future developments). This individual will collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure goals are met, and will also assist Marketing leadership in strategic planning, marketing plans, budget development and implementation, as well as program analysis and reporting.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities):
- Responsible for annual budget planning for assigned properties
- Oversee the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans for assigned properties with a primary goal of promoting the centers to the consumer and driving sales.
- Manage creative direction for marketing campaigns
- Oversee digital strategy for retail properties. Responsible for organizing and managing online presence - social media plans, promotions and other forms of online consumer advertising.
- Define program elements, objectives, budget & success measures.
- Research competition, investigate benchmarks and provide suggestions for improvement
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with PR firms and local media while maximizing brand presence for retail shopping centers
- Develop and manage community relations, outreach and partnerships for the center
- Lead defined departmental “special projects”
- Collaborate and manage a talented, motivated marketing staff
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Attributes Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations
- Minimum of 7-9 years’ experience in marketing, advertising, event planning or agency experience preferably in shopping centers, retail, live performance, hotels or food & beverage industries
- Experience with grand opening events and advertising strategy for new large-scale development projects
- Experience with local media, publications and community connections
- Experience in event planning and writing news releases, ad copy or other promotional copy desired
- Experience leading digital advertising and social media strategies and analysis
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications, Creative Suite a plus
- Be tactful and diplomatic through effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must be able to multi-task, stay organized, and prioritize.
- Be detail-oriented and possess critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of management and staff as well as outside clients.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Be mature, flexible, dependable and professional.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to field locations
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Rappaport is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, veteran status or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law. Employment at Rappaport is at-will. This position is based at the corporate office in McLean, VA with onsite presence at the center, up to one or more times a week. Weekend work is required for special events, grand openings, community events and meetings held on weekends and evenings which occur approximately 20+ times a year.
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.