Park Madison Property Management Co. (“PMPM” is a boutique property management company, servicing primarily office and retail assets in multiple US markets, including New York, Boston, Washington and Chicago, among others. PMPM currently manages over 1.7 million square of commercial space and expects to grow its portfolio in short order.
The Property Manager position involves the following:
- Responsible for the day to day operations and financial reporting of a Class-A office building.
- Monitor the collection of all property revenue items and all property operating expenditures
- Develop annual operating budgets along with multiyear capital budgets and forecasts.
- Supervise operational/engineering staff, including hiring/managing staff at property level, coordinating with Head of Asset Management and HR personnel.
- Ensure training, ethics, and development of onsite employees and manage all employees to provide best-in-class service for the property.
- Inspect the property daily and ensure building staff are properly maintaining the property’s public, common and tenant spaces.
- Establish and maintain tenant relations, including coordinating tenant events as necessary.
- Ensure property management policies and procedures are being performed and conditions meet company expectations.
- Oversee and coordinate lease review and special arrangements for tenants, including TI process and notice provisions.
- Oversee and ensure coordination between leasing, operations, and capital improvement efforts.
- Responsible for establishing short- and long-term plans for renovations or maintenance projects.
- Drive operational efficiency within the property, including utility strategies and purchasing synergies.
- Supervise and coordinate all construction projects, tenant build-outs and capital projects ensuring that alterations are performed in accordance with building standards and local code requirements, on time and on budget.
- Working with Head of Asset Management, responsible for authorization and implementation of capital projects and monitoring the timely completion of the projects.
- Knowledge of building mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Establish and meet clear goals and objectives in support of the priorities of the property owner.
- Provide clear leadership of the company’s philosophy and goals.
- Continuously identify all operating risks, including environmental, health & safety, and discuss solutions with upper management. Drive the implementation of measures, procedures and training to minimize and mitigate them.
- Position reports to the Head of Asset Management
- Four-year College Degree, CPM designation preferred.
- 7-10 years building management, maintenance and construction experience.
- 7-10 years supervisory experience, including knowledge of property accounting, operations, leasing, and risk assessment.
- Capable of reading, analyzing, and understanding business documents, financial statements, leases, contracts and building plans.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic understanding of electrical/mechanical and other operating systems to run office buildings.
- Effective leadership and communication skills to the property team and upwards to management and ownership
- Strong supervisory and administrative skills.
- Entrepreneurial attitude towards career goals
- Computer literacy required; Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, MRI and/or Yardi required
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
- Asset Management
- Project Management
- Property Management
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job