We are seeking an experienced and dedicated customer service agent that will be responsible for tracking, monitoring, and dispatching alarms from our Environmental Alarm Monitoring Center. These alarms will include fire and multiple types of environmental building alarms. When necessary, alarms will be dispatched to the appropriate building resource including emergency personnel.The Environmental Alarm Monitoring Center is operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Additionally, this position is in downtown Birmingham and parking fees are not covered.
- Working within multiple systems for alarm handling and customer service.
- Handling inbound and making outbound phone calls.
- Interacting with multiple departments or centers and multiple levels of management.
- Generate and dispatch service request work orders for completion by vendors and technicians.
- Follow-up with vendors and technicians as required by alarm type and priority.
- Properly updating alarm systems and dispatch systems as required.
- Logging technicians in and out of work locations.
- Backing up other team members when required by alarm type.
- Additional duties as needed.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Call Center experience preferred. Minimum two years of related experience.
Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
Intermediate Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products. Ability to type 45-50 WPM.
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
With access to top-tier market intelligence, planning, local site selection and asset strategies, our Global Workplace Services offering includes Enterprise Facilities Management (EFM), Project Management (PJM), Advisory & Transaction Services (A&T), and Management Consulting. We offer end-to-end expertise across all workplace types, scalable delivery, a commitment to world-class safety and ongoing innovations in building efficiencies, energy conservation and CRE technology.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans
- Alternative Investments
This job is no longer active.