JR1908235 Global Real Estate Associate - Asset Management
Your Future Team
The Associate will support an Asset Management team based in San Francisco, CA and will be responsible for the management of special assets and work-outs in order to achieve AIG Global Real Estate’s goals and objectives with respect to execution of business plans and investment strategies.
Your Contribution at AIG
The Associate will need to have strong financial and analytical capabilities, and develop constructive relationships with internal constituents, including, but not limited to, finance and accounting teams; and external constituents including operators, property managers and other professionals. The Associate excels at handling multiple and complex tasks, by prioritizing responsibilities and bringing them to conclusion. The Associate must be proactive and hands-on.
- Financial modeling and analysis, including review of property operating reports, budgets, financing strategies, analysis of business plans, and updating of project returns.
- Review and recommend annual business plans. Monitor assets for conformance with the plan, including oversight of operators.
- Assist the asset management team with underwriting assumptions including market rents, expenses, cap rates, etc.
- Prepare quarterly reports; ensure timely and accurate reporting on performance, budget variances, and significant changes in market and property conditions.
- Review quarterly and annual property valuations. This will include preparation and update of asset reports, preparation of property valuations, market research and analysis and site visits.
- Review funding requests and draw schedules for conformance to budget, and recommend for approval.
- Asset management support of senior team, through the performance of financial and feasibility analysis, assisting in all phases of property investment, financing and development activities. This will include research for investment underwriting market, economic and demographic research to assist in evaluating market conditions for existing investments.
- Preparation of written presentations to the investment committee in relation to proposed transactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for
- Ideally three or more years of relevant real estate finance experience.
- Strong MS Excel, Argus and PowerPoint proficiency required.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Academic background in finance, accounting or real estate with MBA or equivalent is preferred.
- Knowledgeable of property operations, leases, loan documents and other related real estate documents.
- Individual must be articulate and be capable of interfacing with legal, corporate, banking construction and development professionals on a high level.
- Ability to multi-task and work both with a team and independently, with minimal guidance.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Well-organized with attention to detail and a can-do attitude.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years