Associate Director of Development
Location: Position available in Los Angeles & San Francisco
KM Partners has been engaged in the searches for multiple Affordable Housing Development Professionals at multiple levels including Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, and Associate Director of Development in Los Angeles, San Francisco & Sacramento. All of these opportunities are newly created due to our client’s steady, consistent growth.
With a long-established and highly respected track record of developing, managing, and financing communities for low-income families, seniors, people with special needs, the formerly homeless, and veterans, this mission-driven organization provides industry leading training and professional development programs to continue to advance the skill set of their most prized asset, their team.
During our partnership with this client, the majority of the 14 professionals we’ve placed, have been placed into newly created positions due to growth. This company is vertically integrated and well capitalized with an expanding national footprint. Senior leadership’s focus on succession planning is opening the door for accelerated growth opportunities for top performers.
ENDORSEMENT FROM CURRENT DEVELOPMENT TEAM MEMBER
What’s kept you - and so many others - at this organization for 20+ years?
“The realization that there’s really no other place – no other organization or piece of this world – where you can have more of an impact and get more done, and with as much variety. If you want to work on innovative, uniquely challenging projects where you can get creative to mix and match funding and operating sources, help to drive change in California, and be a part of cutting-edge development, this is where you should be. We have a strong balance sheet, we will take risks, and we have the ability to take risks that others can’t because of our credibility and reputation. You’ll have the resources to go out of the box on really innovative, complex projects. There’s a deep connection and cohesion around who we’re serving. It’s a very mature organization, and the Development team has a lot of folks who have been here a long time and who are ready and willing to share that. We have a stable staff who people learn a lot from.”
As Associate Director of Development, oversee a large, multiple-phased neighborhood transformation, including new streets and utilities, parks, a community center and recreational facility, a health center, retail, educational support, mixed-income housing, and an overall new neighborhood brand. Exercise a high degree of responsibility and leadership in performing tasks associated with the Acquisition, Development/Rehabilitation, Financing, and Construction and with on-going Property and Asset Management of Affordable Housing units for a variety of low-income residents.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Supervise Development Project Assistants, Project Managers, and Senior Project Managers
- Coordinate submission process for project approvals in accordance with company’s requirements
- Ensure that local approvals and neighborhood acceptance of proposed housing development projects occur, including submitting land use applications and attending hearings and neighborhood meetings
- Review project budgets and disbursement models for other Real Estate staff for accuracy
- Ensure that project advisory teams are formed when needed
- Oversee submission of applications for funding and negotiation of financing terms
- Promote and coordinate staff development activities, including overseeing evaluation and goal setting for direct reports and cultivating their professional development
- Represent the organization in matters relating to the housing development work of the organization, including maintaining communication with federal, state, and city officials, etc.
- Establish housing production and fee collection goals in coordination with the regional team
- Meet regularly with the Regional Vice President of Real Estate Development and team and provide reports as required; provide reports and present information to the regional board as requested
- Track time sensitive work products to ensure that high stakes deadlines are met
- Maintain detailed knowledge of public funding priorities and requirements and help the Development team take a strategic approach to project selection and development
- Identify areas of risk within the pipeline or specific projects and work with the Development team to take the necessary steps to mitigate issues in design, financing, and/or entitlements
- Serve as first line of support to Development team in resolving project issues with internal and external parties
- Ensure appropriate application and technical support for team for funding packages
- Work collaboratively and cohesively with other internal and external partners
KM Partners’ national Executive Search and Professional Recruitment practice areas focus on high-growth, impact-investment-oriented businesses across relevant industries, including Investment Management, Real Estate, Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, and related Business and Professional Services. With a core focus in Tax Credits (LIHTC, NMTC, Historic, & Renewable), Multifamily, Affordable and Senior Housing, we partner with clients and place industry-specific professionals throughout the United States. We represent C-level Executive Leadership, Middle Management, and experienced Associates across industry professions.
- Community Development
- Project Management
- Alternative Investments
This job is no longer active.