CreateTO, launched on January 1, 2018, is a new municipal government agency established to manage the City of Toronto’s real estate portfolio. CreateTO works collaboratively with City stakeholders, external partners and community members to create more livable, sustainable and inclusive communities. The agency will enable the City, for the first time, to adopt a strategic city-wide approach towards the delivery of real estate solutions to promote a balance of community and economic benefits.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Analysis, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing meaningful financial analysis and reports to be used in development, valuation, disposition of assets, as well as support strategic planning for the Company and City Building Initiatives. The responsibilities of the Financial Analyst include preparing proforma financial analysis and reports, performing asset and market due diligence, preparing ad hoc financial models and analysis, liaising with internal and external groups to gather supporting details and information, and improving the quality and efficiency of financial reports and models.
- University Degree, with a focus in Finance or Accounting
- MBA would be considered an asset
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a financial analysis or real estate development role
- Expertise in financial modelling and analysis, particularly in Excel
- Excellent financial modelling and planning skills, with a track record of continuous improvement
- Advanced financial analytical skills and problem-solving
- Excellent relationship building with a strong customer focus and a collaborative working style
- Exceptional Communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Hands on, detail oriented with ability to think strategically
- Demonstrates the highest level of ethics and personal integrity
- Demonstrates competence in MS Office applications; ability to quickly learn and demonstrate functional competence with financial systems
- Experience in the real estate industry is an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple competing deadlines
CreateTO is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Candidates can request accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of the hiring process.
For further information on this position, please visit the Careers section of the CreateTO website. Applications will be accepted until Friday, January 31st. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies at this time please.
- Community Development
- Alternative Investments
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job